Senior Director New Product Planning
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Genzyme. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY). Sanofi Genzyme focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat, providing hope to patients and their families. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
The New Product Planning (NPP) Lead reports to the Head of New Product Planning within the Sanofi Oncology Franchise. The NPP Lead will work across multiple global project teams providing commercial leadership and strategic direction on products moving from pre-clinical stages through early development and commercialization. The NPP lead is expected to work with both internal and external oncology stakeholders to drive evolution and adoption of franchise and disease area strategies as well as related initiatives. As a member of the NPP team, the NPP lead will represent their projects within the annual portfolio review, planning and budget cycles. The NPP lead may also partner with Business Development and M&A teams to provide guidance and assessments of external opportunities.
The position is based in Cambridge, MA.
- Actively partner with global project teams to provide robust commercial direction on product development strategy and ensure appropriate early commercial planning and execution.
- Develop the commercial strategy for key assets, ensuring alignment with global business unit (GBU) goals and strategy.
- Direct integrated market analysis and competitive intelligence investigations to identify current and future trends within key disease settings and across segments of the oncology landscape.
- Understand and communicate requirements for regulatory approval (registration), access to market (reimbursement & pricing), and market differentiation required for the successful commercialization of new products.
- Lead the identification of key value drivers and translate these in the development of Target Product Profiles (TPP), value proposition elements & key decision criteria for commercial success, including POCC criteria (proof-of-clinical & commercial concept) for early stage R&D programs.
- Participate within program teams to develop a robust and relevant Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and develop a 1st proposal of Life Cycle Strategy (LCS) ready to be presented at POCC declaration.
- Anticipate and ensure smooth transition of all commercial deliverables and insights to the Global Brand Lead (GBL and brand team.
- Translate key Insights from scientific experts (internal R&D colleagues + external opinion leaders) into clear, actionable strategies for the franchise
- Develop & update sales forecasts, sensitivity analysis and actively contribute to the Portfolio Review governance (PFR)
- Ensure pre-launch strategy and activities in scope with NPP function is well coordinated
- Support the program teams throughout the governance process providing GBU business leadership within both franchise, R&D and investment committees.
- Support development and execution of disease-area-strategy and ensure prioritization of internal and external growth opportunities in line with each disease-area-strategy.
- Partner with business development and related M&A teams to ensure the BD roadmap remains in-line with GBU strategy and explore and evaluate potential commercial synergies with franchise portfolio.
- Strengthen cross-functional teams and the company by creating a winning spirit and by developing excellence-oriented and customer-focused culture, fostering innovation and building best in class teams.
- Undergraduate degree in business or science or related discipline required. An advanced degree (MD, PhD or MBA) is preferred
- 10 years experience in new product planning or marketing is required
- Deep experience in the oncology therapeutic area is preferred
- Strong scientific background and ability to engage credibly with internal and external stakeholders around scientific topics
- Demonstrated success in commercial planning, launching, aggressively growing and managing products through their life cycle
- A strong business orientation and the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Experience working collaboratively and cross-functionally with marketing brand teams, market research, sales, managed markets, sales operations, medical affairs, business development, regulatory, research & development, manufacturing, finance and legal
- Experience establishing and managing strategic relationships, such as joint ventures, co-marketing agreements and development partnerships. Well-developed implementation skills and experience with post-acquisition integration
- Exceptional leadership skills with proven ability to develop next generation leaders; excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface seamlessly with other parts of organization
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community