Senior Director, New Product Planning - Oncology
Allston, MA;Cambridge, MA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, NEW PRODUCT PLANNING – ONCOLOGY
ABOUT SANOFI GENZYME
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Genzyme. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).
Sanofi Genzyme focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat, providing hope to patients and their families. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, NEW PRODUCT PLANNING – ONCOLOGY
The Senior Director, New Product Planning (NPP) reports to the Head of NPP for Sanofi Genzyme’s MS, Oncology and Immunology franchise and will be embedded within the Oncology therapeutic area working closely with the Head of Sanofi Genzyme’s Global Oncology Franchise. He/she will serve as the primary commercial liaison with program teams within the Oncology development organization, responsible for providing commercial leadership on projects from pre-clinical through proof of concept. He/she will also partner closely with Business Development and M&A teams to provide commercial assessments of external opportunities. The position is based in Cambridge, MA unless otherwise agreed to by the Head of NPP.
- Develop the commercial strategy for early stage development programs
- Provide global commercial franchise leadership on cross-functional project teams within the Oncology R&D organization
- Lead commercial assessments of external business development and M&A opportunities
- Conduct and refine market assessments to gain a clear understanding of current and future unmet needs and market dynamics
- Lead the development of target product profiles for early stage R&D programs, based on thorough understanding of market dynamics and potential future trends
- Lead development of commercial forecasts for internal programs and external opportunities in close collaboration with the Forecasting team
- Understand and communicate requirements for registration, reimbursement, and differentiation required for the successful commercialization of new products
- Liaise extensively with internal and external experts to evaluate products, pathways, and treatment approaches
- Translate key insights from scientific experts (internal R&D colleagues + external opinion leaders) into clear, actionable strategies for the franchise
- Contribute to the long-term commercial strategy of the franchise and ensure early R&D activities are in line with global franchise strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA, MS or PhD preferred
- 10+ years of relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience, including in-line marketing experience in Oncology and an in-depth understanding of the therapeutic area
- Experience in new product planning / early commercialization a plus
- Collaborative, team player with strong leadership and cross-functional team building capabilities
- Strong scientific background and ability to engage credibly with internal and external stakeholders around scientific topics
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize and deliver a clear overview of the strategy, opportunity and risks for Sanofi executives
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally approximately 20% of the time
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet