Senior Director, Global Regulator Team Lead, Rare Blood Disorders
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Senior Director, Global Regulatory Team Lead, Rare Disease
This position is responsible for directing multiple innovative global regulatory strategies for products in development. Responsible for regulatory documents, submissions, and compliance issues. Represent the company with domestic and international regulatory authorities, contractors and corporate partners. Provide regulatory guidance for various corporate wide teams/committees. Will manage direct reports and have budget responsibility
- Develops the global regulatory strategy for assigned programs through collaboration with a cross functional team
- Advises project teams regarding the development and implementation of regulatory strategy. Maintains awareness of the changing regulatory landscape and advises team on changes that could impact future development.
- Develops innovative life cycle management plans to achieve business objectives
- Direct the organization and preparation of clear and effective submissions.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with regulatory agency personnel. Negotiates directly with regulatory authorities regarding company's filings.
- Serves as regulatory affairs executive to provide input on trials and filing activities and to ensure that report systems are maintained and compliant.
- Collaborates with other departments as well as corporate or marketing partners and outsourcing partners to achieve project goals.
- Monitors regulatory publications to keep apprised of new or changing regulatory developments and potential strategic impact.
- Reviews all external materials for regulatory compliance.
- Represent Regulatory Affairs on cross-functional project teams
- Effectively communicate the regulatory strategy, risks, mitigations and overall plans to the internal management teams as well as the executive management team.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations for external and internal audiences.
- May be responsible for line management and development of direct reports.
- Identify areas in need of improvement and lead the development and implementation of process improvements.
- Create an environment conducive to a global view as part of the whole regulatory team.
- Take steps to actively improve interdepartmental communications and efficiency.
- Actively participate in and contribute to outside relevant conferences, including organizing and delivering presentations.
- May have presence on external regulatory committees/trade associations.
Key Contacts and Interactions:
- Interacts with multiple departments at all levels.
- Interact with a wide variety of outside contacts, including contractors, corporate partners and regulatory agency personnel.
- Will have direct reports.
- 15 plus years pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry including extensive hands on global biologics strategy experience.
- Minimum of 10-15 years in RA.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable regulations.
- Experience in interpretation of regulations, guidelines, policy statements, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in the preparation of major regulatory submissions and supportive amendments or supplements.
- Extensive experience working on products in development specifically relating to clinical and pre-clinical regulatory aspects of the project.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GCPs and GLPs.
- Extensive experience in interfacing with regulatory authorities.
- Ability to lead and influence project teams, committees, etc. to attain group goals.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to represent the department in project teams, committees and external meetings.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize personal workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with a variety of personnel including medical, scientific, and manufacturing staff.
- Well organized, detail oriented, effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to guide, train, supervise and prioritize workload of direct reports, as required.
- International regulatory experience preferred.
- Experience in the development of therapies for rare (orphan) and/or extremely rare (ultra-orphan) diseases desirable.
- BA/BS/University degree required, Regulatory Sciences, Life/Health Sciences preferred.
- Doctoral degree in Regulatory Science, Pharmacy or the Sciences preferred
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community