Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. The talent we look for will contribute to the organization in innovative, insightful, and creative ways in order to strengthen our dynamic culture and drive us collectively to make a difference in the lives of patients.
What makes a successful member of the Sanofi team? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
- Digitally savvy
- Socially conscious
Good morning Sanofi
Access Accelerated - Olivier Brandicourt
Health and Wellness Programs
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
Paid Time Off
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
ResponsibilitiesJob ID R217 Date posted 04/10/2017
Director/Senior Director, Innate Immunity Cluster, Immunology Research Therapeutic Area
Sanofi is building a world-class human immunology team and is seeking outstanding scientists with significant experience in immunology to help further develop our innovative pipeline in Type-2 Immunity and Fibrosis, Immune Checkpoint Biology, Type-1 Diabetes, Targeted Autoimmunity and Innate Immunity.
Job Responsibilities/Department Description:
As a Director/Senior Director of the Innate Immunity Cluster/Department in the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area you will be a scientific innovator, drive scientific excellence and rigor, and develop and advance cutting-edge therapeutics. The Director will manage research teams supported by multidisciplinary platforms and scientists based in the Boston area and around the globe. The Director will identify and validate new targets using a variety of tools, including human immunology, human genetics, human sample analyses, bioinformatics, clinical data, and preclinical in vitro and in vivo models, implementing new models and technologies.
The Director will work closely with research and development colleagues to ensure the progression of projects from concept to clinical testing, focusing on developing and validating a strong translational rationale. The Director will maintain a leadership position in the immunology research communities, connecting Sanofi scientists with collaborators around the globe. The Director will work closely with the Head of the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area to develop and integrate a research strategy within the broader Immunology and Inflammation Strategy, contribute to portfolio review and prioritization, and will be part of the Immunology and Inflammation Leadership Team, together with Other Directors and key business partners.
- Lead a Cluster/Department of scientists responsible for identifying novel targets and pathways to treat immune diseases in the area of innate immunity; connecting cutting-edge science with unmet medical need.
- Advance the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area strategy by identifying new targets and advancing projects in the current pipeline. Lead scientists experienced in a range of disciplines, from molecular and cell biology, immunology, genetics, and pharmacology, to develop deep mechanistic understanding of disease pathogenesis and confidence in target rationale,
- Lead internally and externally in an area of immune disease research, publishing cutting edge science and developing and maintaining key collaborations around the globe.
- Manage collaborative relationships with project leads, key internal and external stakeholders, and with the Sanofi research platform leadership to resource and advance portfolio projects.
- Recruit, retain and develop world-class scientific talent.
- PhD or MD/PhD with postdoctoral and/or fellowship training. 12+ years of experience developing and leading research programs. 12+ years of experience in drug discovery and development preferred.
- Deep expertise and outstanding record of research and publications in immunology.
- Expertise in extending discovery research through translational human biology to clinical development, using human biology approaches, biomarker development and validation, and forward and back translation of research and clinical endpoints.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary, matrixed teams.
- Understanding of complex research landscapes globally, ability to identify cutting-edge research and new directions, and connect internal and external colleagues productively.
- Outstanding management, communication and interpersonal skills.
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.