Senior Director, Commercial Operations, Cambridge, MA
The Senior Director of Commercial Operations will lead a team of professionals committed to executional excellence with field platforms, tools, and processes aligned to the US Specialty Care business units and their objectives. S/he will be responsible for the long-term strategic vision as well as daily operations of the following critical areas:
- Veeva Systems: Managing, building an enhancing our Veeva instance for field teams and communicating these changes to field teams in a simple, jargon-free way
- Veeva Systems Training: Delivering effective, engaging and continuous Veeva training to field teams in order to increase Veeva utilization within the Business unit
- Field Reporting: Building, maintaining and enhancing field reports that enable data and evidence-based decision making in the field
- Promotional Events Management: Working with our events vendor and the internal stakeholders to execute promotional events for all business units
- Commercial Operations Communications: Communicating with the business units around Commercial Operations initiatives and increasing trust between Commercial Operations and Business Units
In this role, the successful candidate will ensure best in class services, working closely with colleagues in Business Operations as well as the VPs of Sales and Business Unit Heads to develop and prioritize an evolving landscape of tools, data and services for the field teams. The Sr. Director Commercial Operations will be the primary partner to Business Operations Shared Service colleagues to ensure appropriate levels of service and continual improvement.
S/he will collaborate extensively with ITS to architect and enhance current CRM platform and other sales effectiveness systems. In addition, s/he will partner with senior sales leadership to identify and successfully implement opportunities for sales process improvement, fostering an organization of continual process improvement.
Work Leadership Or Supervisor
This position will report to the VP, Business Operations for Sanofi Genzyme
Location: Cambridge, MA
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred. A minimum of 12 years of overall experience in Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical industry is required. Previous experience in Sales experience and operations is required. Selected candidate will possess proven experience in leading and providing guidance to a team of 5 direct report, and a n overall team of 21. Knowledge of specialty care market is preferred. Position may require up to 10% overall travel.
Selected candidate will posses strong analytical and strategic thinking. Selected candidate will possess proven capabilities within the following areas:
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional groups and levels
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong project management expertise
- Self-direction in ambiguous environments
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. #GD-GZ; #LI-GZ
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community