Senior Data Scientist - Cambridge, MA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
Who is Sanofi?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Genzyme.
Senior Data Scientist
The Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area in Sanofi is building a world-class immunology team and is seeking a highly motivated computational scientist to lead in silico analytical projects for patients stratification and novel target identification in the fields of Type 2 Immunity and Fibrosis, Immune Checkpoint Biology, Type 1 Diabetes, Autoimmunity and Innate Immunity.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join the Precision Immunology Cluster. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the development and application of bio statistical, computational and machine learning methods to solve biological problems, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to learn and acquire new techniques and methodologies.
The candidate is expected to lead and execute analytical projects and develop analytical strategies for the identification of novel therapeutic targets, the discovery of predictive biomarkers for patients’ stratification, and analysis of molecular, real-world and clinical data to assess drug (re-)positioning opportunities.
This exciting role will afford talented data scientists the opportunity to translate their data-driven developments and ideas into novel therapeutic hypotheses.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Lead projects to Identify candidate therapeutic targets and biomarkers for immunology, through integrated analysis of high-throughput molecular data, real-world data and clinical phenotypes
- Explore opportunities to re-position existing drugs in novel indications
- Collaborate with wet-lab and computational scientific teams and champion projects from discovery to early clinical development.
- Develop innovative and creative computational approaches to understand complex immune conditions using multi-dimensional –omics and clinical data
- Establish interactions with collaborators within and outside the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area.
- Prepare publications, research and clinical/regulatory documentation in accordance with Sanofi quality standards.
- PhD or MS in computational biology, computer science, statistics, or a related quantitative science field with 4+ years (6+ for MS) of project-based work in computational/quantitative data analysis in biology related fields
- Proficiency in analyzing data with R, MatLab or Python
- Working knowledge of Linux/HPC and shell scripting
- Strong interested in biology and immunological diseases, liaise with scientists from Immunology and Inflammation to help define and address biological questions with computational and analytical approache
- Proficiency in biostatistics, linear/non-linear regression models, dimensionality reduction, clustering, AI/machine learning methods
- Ability to develop, benchmark and apply predictive algorithms to identify novel biomarkers, dissect gene/disease relationships and generate hypotheses
- Experience with Bayesian analysis and causal inference
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet