Scientist - Immuno-Oncology, Bioinformatics Data Analyst
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
The Oncology Research Therapeutic Area seeks an experienced computational biologist / data scientist to join us in the fight to stop cancer.
In this exciting role the Data Scientist is an integrated part of Discovery teams and will design experiments, manage data, and use advanced statistical, machine learning, as well as computational techniques to discover new targets either to stop the growth of cancer or re-awaken the immune system to eradicate the cancer. Furthermore, the Data Scientist will collaborate with Early Development teams to guide the development of molecules against those targets with data-driven biomarker plans.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Proactively engage with project teams to define crisp scientific questions that can be addressed with an appropriately powered experimental designs
- Supply any computational, statistical, machine learning or modeling capability needed to synthesize from this design actionable recommendations relative to the team’s question
- In collaboration with project teams propose analysis strategies for target discovery, using methods based for instance on differential expression, co-regulation, correlated amplification, recurrent alterations, etc.; in so doing, also help devise statistical metrics for deciding significance, and ranking schemes for integrating data from many sources
- Identify targets and biological contexts (e.g., T or B-cell repertoire, immune phenotypes, copy number, mutational, or expression signatures) in which therapies are likely to be beneficial by mining immune, genetic, genomic or screening data
- Identify from patient and model system databases the epidemiology of these biological contexts and targets
- Develop biomarker plans (e.g., selection, PD, efficacy) in collaboration with project teams
- Manage and develop group of one or more associates and/ or contractors
- Ph.D. in a computational, statistical, biophysics, or bioinformatics related fields.
- A minimum of 3+ years project-based work in computational application to biology related fields
- An ideal candidate will be collaborative, self-directed and possess
- A positive, proactive can-do mindset
- Strong interest in biology and immunological diseases
- Statistical programming skills like SAS/S-plus, R/bioconductor and pipeline pilot or equivalents
- Excellent understanding of immunology and hands-on research experience investigating complex lymphoid and/or myeloid cell subsets
- First-hand multi-parametric data mining experience for target identification and biomarker discovery. For example, multivariate analysis; dimensionality reduction methods; parametric and non-parametric statistical methods; Bayesian statistics; pattern recognition or classification methods.
- First-hand experience at integrating publicly or commercially available genetic, genomic, and immune datasets with novel experimental data to identify testable hypotheses
- Developed communication and presentation skills and a successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional project teams
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects of moderate scope, mapping-out critical path, milestones and timelines, as well as manage customer expectations with minimal supervision
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet