Scientific Director, Global Scientific Engagement & Communications – Dermatology (Cambridge - MA)
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
The Scientific Director, Global Scientific Engagement & Communications drives and oversees the development and execution of medical, clinical, and scientific data dissemination strategy for dermatology indications for dupilumab and a pipeline of products in development.
The Global Scientific Director manages a team of medical communication and publication professionals. This key role oversees the planning and development of internal & external communications through:
- Publications, including abstract submissions to medical and scientific congresses, posters, and platform presentations, manuscripts, and journal publication enhancements
- Medical education, including content development for live education programs and congress symposia, online education, multichannel HCP education, field medical tools, slide decks, and medical booth resources
- Core communication strategic tools such as the scientific platform, lexicon, and FAQs/backgrounders, while supporting content development for advisory boards
This role reports to the Head of Global Scientific Engagement & Communications - Immunology within Global Medical Operations & Effectiveness.
Collaboration with external authors and academic experts in the field of dermatology and allergy/immunology is essentialto drive execution of high quality and relevant publications and medical education materials to address educational and data gaps and inform decision making.
In addition to authors, a key element of this role requires working closely with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders from multiple regions and countries to drive the data generation strategy and integration of scientific, clinical, and business priorities.
The Global Scientific Director has experience and a proven track record of success in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, with a strong background in publication planning, medical communications and medical affairs activities.
Domestic and international travel (20-30%) required.
Position based in Cambridge, MA.
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with clinical, medical affairs and business leads to align on the scientific communications strategy across product’s life cycle in given therapeutic area(s)
- Manage a team to execute on the development of (and updates to) the yearly global publication and medical communication plans for assigned product(s)
- Ensure that key data, strategically aligned scientific communication points, elements from other internal guidance and resource documents are included appropriately in publications, and that statements and conclusions are accurate, balanced, and supported by appropriate data
- Ensure appropriate tracking and execution of the publications tactical plan for assigned product(s) in accordance to established priorities and company key performance indicators.
- Provide medical input to brand teams regarding strategy, tactics, and development of claims
- Serve as an internal expert for product and disease-state for the training of internal colleagues within the disease area(s); partner with the Learning & Capabilities Development team as well as with the BU Commercial training function.
- Engage external investigators and respiratory experts when appropriate, as authors for publication development and advisors for medical education initiatives
- Participate in relevant cross-functional teams and task forces to represent the Global Immunology Scientific Engagement & Communications and make presentations to colleagues and senior management as needed
- Participate in budget forecasting for given therapeutic area(s) and manage long-term budget, vendor, and resource allocation
Qualifications and Skills
- Advance degree in life sciences or pharmaceutical sciences (PharmD, PhD, MD, MS) with 8+ years of relevant medical affairs experience.
- A minimum of 10 years pharma/biotech industry global or US experience highly preferred.
- Ability to interpret and critique scientific and medical literature with respect to scientific and business implications are essential
- Experience and demonstrated skill in the analysis, communication and presentation of complex scientific and medical data. Track record of successfully developing peer-reviewed publications is required.
- Exemplary customer facing skills, and ability to collaborate with external Key Opinion Leaders on data dissemination strategies in a credible, responsive and customer focused manner is a necessity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal; comfortable and experienced in making presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience collaborating with and supporting international medical scientific teams
- Knowledge of industry guidelines pertaining to data dissemination (e.g., CONSORT, ICMJE, GPPs) and interactions with health care providers (e.g., PhRMA Code, AdvaMed guidelines)
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet