Prinicipal Quality Engineer
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Principal Quality Engineer overseeing all Quality work steam activities for Medical Device and Drug Device Combination product development programs; responsible for ensuring all development activities are carried out in compliance with internal and external regulations (e.g. Design Controls) with fully compliant and auditable design history files; responsible for end-to-end Quality activities to ensure best product Quality
- Assure all design and development activities are in compliance with Design Controls and the relevant elements of the Quality System Regulations (21CFR820, ISO13485) for Medical Device and Drug Device Combination products.
- Work with cross-functional development teams to assist in the development of design development plans, design requirements, specification development, engineering studies, design verification protocols and validation protocols, ensuring appropriate selection of acceptance criteria and sampling plans.
- Participate in design reviews and provide expert technical Quality input to ensure potential problems are identified and corrected early in development to minimize impact to broader project scope/ resources/ budget.
- Oversee assembly process development and design transfer activities to ensure that product design has been appropriately translated into production specifications.
- Assist in the development of validation strategies for performance qualifications and process validations for Medical Device and Drug Device Combination products.
- Review and approval of development documentation, e.g. for the product design history file.
- Support/ lead root cause investigations and implementation of corrective actions utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Provide expert Quality input for proposed design and/or process changes
- Provide expert Quality input and participate in supplier, customer, internal and/ or regulatory agency audits
- BS/M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Engineering or related scientific discipline
- 5 – 7 years in functions related to Quality, Engineering, or Development of Medical Devices and/ or Drug Device Combination products
- Experience in Software Development and Medical Device Life Cycle Management is a plus
Technical skills & Competencies/Language
- Demonstrated knowledge in quality and design development systems (e.g. ISO13485, 21 CFR 820)
- Experience in Medical Devices and/ or Drug Device Combination product development (e.g. ISO11608, ISO10993, ISO60601, ISO11040; ISO14971)
- Experience in IEC 62304 is a plus
- Robust process and product design methodology (Six Sigma, DFM, DFA) , Certified Quality Engineer and Six Sigma Belt a plus
- Analytical skills and ability to understand complex problems and structure into logical streams for resolution
- Decision making ability
- Ability to operate in an international, cross-company and cross-functional environment.
- Communication and inter-personal skills necessary to build trust, confidence, and collaboration toward shared objectives
- Language - Business fluent (written and oral) in English is required
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community