Postdoctoral Fellowship: Molecular Oncology
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Job Title: Post Doc: Molecular Oncology
Hiring manager: Zhihu (Jeff) Ding. (Zhihu.Ding@sanofi.com )
Sanofi Molecular Oncology is seeking a highly motivated and talented PhD scientist for the position of Post Doc, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. The project will perform CRISPR knockout screen by using a genome-scale CRISRP gRNA lentiviral library and to validate a prioritized list of novel cancer cell dependency targets for drug-resistant breast cancer. The project will focus on oncology-relevant targets and will involve close collaboration with chemical biology, biochemistry and bioinformatics groups. The candidate should have a PhD in a relevant area (biochemistry, molecular/cellular biology) and have an interest in the field of oncology and proteasomal degradation.
Position Overview/ Key Responsibilities:
- Works as part of a research team to identify and validate key drivers in drug-resistant breast cancer
- Performs CRISPR knockout screen by using a genome-scale CRISRP gRNA lentiviral library
- Validate a prioritized list of novel cancer cell dependency targets for drug-resistant breast cancer
- Collaborates closely with colleagues in other functional areas (i.e. Chemical Biology, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics)
- Independently designs, performs and interprets experiments
- Summarizes data by writing procedures/protocols and generating presentation material
- Presents data and experimental designs internally (at lab, group and global project team meetings) and externally (at international conferences)
- Compiles and publishes first-author publications
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or biochemistry with emphasis in oncology
- Extensive hands-on expertise in cell culture and standard molecular biology methods (including siRNA, shRNA and CRISPR/Cas9)
- Expertise in molecular cloning, including CRISPR knock-out/knock-in strategies preferred
- Previous experience in CRISPR knockout screen is desirable
- Proven track record of expertise in oncology, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications in a high-quality journal
- Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams to generate hypothesize and validate them
- Motivated, detail-oriented, with a passion for science
- Ability to drive and develop the project independently
- Excellent communication and record keeping skills
- Ability to work in a high-pace and dynamic scientific environment
All candidates must have permanent US work authorization. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community