Postdoctoral Fellow, Precision Immunology, Single-cell
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."Shannon Resetich US Head Rare Diseases & Blood Disorders
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical Rare Blood Disorders
The Single-cell group in the I&I Precision Immunology Cluster at Sanofi is focused on delivering first-in-class medicines to patients by deconstructing the mechanisms of autoimmune disease into cellular building blocks and advancing therapeutics for precision targeting of pathogenic cell types. We are offering a Postdoctoral Fellowship to an energetic, competent and creative scientist interested in identifying novel drivers of immune cell extravasation and tissue homing. The scientist will have the opportunity to: 1) leverage internal and external single-cell data to generate hypotheses on key signal-receptor interactions driving specific cell types into tissue, 2) utilize spatial transcriptomics & proteomics methods to build up further support for relevant observations and 3) design and deploy ex-vivo assays, including trans-well, organ-o-chip and vascularized organoids to test these hypotheses in disease tissue and disease-mimicking ex-vivo assays. The successful candidate will be able to think and function as a systems biologist, with a combination of wet/dry lab skills and mindset.
The candidate will also join the Global Sanofi Postdoctoral program and community in which there are opportunities for networking, learning, career development and mentorship. The Global Sanofi Postdoctoral program offers several activities, including ‘Lunch & Share’, a forum for data sharing and feedback, “Lunch & Learn” with presentations from subject matter experts across Sanofi, ‘Fireside Chats’ comprising career stories and advice from Sanofi leadership, and an annual Postdoctoral symposium which provides the opportunity for fellows to showcase their research and themselves to the entire Global R&D Organization.
- Analyze, systematize and interpret single-cell data by leveraging in silico analysis and prediction tools to generate project-relevant hypotheses
- Work with disease tissue samples to reveal the spatial distribution of cell types in disease tissue
- Lead the development of ex-vivo validation assays
- Proactively engage and collaborate with wet-lab and computational scientific teams to accomplish project goals
- Lead and contribute to high-profile presentations and publications
- Required Qualifications:
- PhD in Immunology, Systems Biology or related discipline
- Broad experience with cell-based assays and molecular techniques such as primary cell isolation/culture, multicolor flow cytometry, cell sorting, ELISA, qPCR, RNA/DNA isolation, cytokine assays
- Familiarity with single-cell data workflows and analysis
- Experience in utilizing big data to generate and credential hypotheses, e.g. comfortable with consulting interactive data portals and working with OMICS data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys working collaboratively across disciplines
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to generate and use R or python-based analytic workflows a definite plus
- Ability to leverage computational and predictive models for hypothesis generation
- A track record of productivity, innovation and impact
- Experience with organoid and complex co-culture models
- Prior experience in single-cell transcriptomics analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
What we offer:
A combination of start-up mindset and big pharma stability.
An academic spirit of curiosity and potential for direct impact on people’s lives.
An environment fostering individual growth, ensuring visibility and celebrating achievement.
Flexible, goal-oriented work schedule, excellent work-life balance, allowing you to thrive both professionally and personally.
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up for our talent community to receive updates about new opportunities.Sign Up