Patient Education Liaison, Midwest Region
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
Who is Sanofi?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
The Patient Education Liaison
The Patient Education Liaison is a key field-based member of the U.S Genetic Diseases commercial team. The PEL supports the patient-centric business model by providing disease and product information and support to patients and families affected by genetic diseases for which Genzyme provides a treatment option. The PEL also establishes, and maintains, strong working relationships with healthcare professionals (primarily, the center coordinating genetic counselor or registered nurse). The PEL works collaboratively in a complex team environment with numerous internal cross-functional groups to help facilitate and optimize patient care. The objectives are dictated by the specific needs in the assigned territory and thus the percentage of time spent on each job responsibility may vary.
- Leads communication and coordination of disease and product information to patients and families through telephone communication, face-to-face, one-on-one meetings, and multi-patient/family meetings.
- Delivers disease and product in-services, for all home health care providers for patients receiving Genzyme ERT treatment within the home to ensure that healthcare professionals are well-informed prior to treating patients with enzyme replacement therapy.
- Partners with the Clinical Science Associates to deliver infusion in-services as requested.
- Implements clinical education tactics at the regional level.
- Increases LSD awareness by completing community and healthcare advocate educational outreach programs.
- Active member of Optimization teams and participates in discussions on individual patient barriers to optimal health and development of strategies and tactics to address them.
- Works in partnership with regional commercial team members.
- Builds strong internal relationships with colleagues in all cross-functional groups including, but not limited to, Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Patient Advocacy, Care Connect, and Corporate Accounts divisions while always maintaining full compliance with all relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Learning all aspects of Genzyme’s business model, marketplace trends and competitive landscape and how his/her role directly impacts business results.
- Develops, or participates in the development of, core clinical care materials for internal and external use.
- Trains and evaluates Patient Speakers for promotional speaking programs.
- Contributes to completion of organizational projects and assignments.
- Completes administrative reports and projects in a timely fashion.
- Consistently and accurately documents pertinent information in database.
- Maintains expertise through continuing medical and scientific education including attendance at relevant symposium, scientific workshops, preceptorships, and review of key journals, and successful completion of internal training programs.
- Ensures full compliance with all corporate and industry policies and legal and regulatory requirements, for all regional commercial activities.
- Utilizes professional communication to foster strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Must be able to travel extensively (50% – 75%).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care/ Life Sciences/ Nursing (or equivalent).
- Licensed Registered Nurse or Master’s degree level Genetic Counselor required (active state license if applicable).
- 3-5 years of clinical experience in specified field.
- Masters of Science degree, or other advanced medical or scientific degree, and genetic counseling certification or nursing registration strongly preferred.
- Experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in the following specialties; Genetics, Neurology/Neuromuscular, Renal or Hematology/Oncology.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Desired Location: The territory geography is the Midwest Region
- Southern Minnesota
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or Albuquerque & Santa Fe, NMcivil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet