Medical Director, US Medical Affairs, Rare Disease- Cambridge,MA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Medical Director, US Medical Affairs, Rare Disease
The Medical Director (MD) is a Cambridge-based member of the U.S. Medical Affairs team in the Rare Diseases therapeutic area. The mission of this team is to support the company by functioning as the internal expert in genetic diseases and therapies and helping Health Care Professionals and Payers optimize patient care and treatment outcomes through evidence-based decisions. We feel this is best accomplished through the generation, interpretation and communication of accurate clinical and scientific information. The Medical Director plays a key role in this mission by providing the strategic leadership in defined disease-specific area(s) and reports to the Head of N.A. Medical Affairs, Rare Disease.
The MD has a national scope and would be responsible for a rare disease therapeutic area. The MD will establish and maintain collaborative medical and scientific relationships with key external physicians and internal constituencies from multiple functional groups including, but not limited to, Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Regulatory, Science, Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, and Patient and Product Services, while maintaining full compliance with all relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops U.S. medical objectives and strategies for specified disease areas, aligned with the U.S. commercial goals
- Provides medical input to brand teams regarding strategy, tactics, and development of claims
- Serves as the internal expert for his/her respective diseases and products and supports the field-based U.S. medical affairs team
- Develops strategies for and implements medical advisory boards
- Execution of the strategic U.S. investigator-sponsored study program
- Develops the U.S. scientific communication and publication strategies
- Partners with Clinical Development and Life Cycle Management to support and develop clinical trials
- Product and disease-state training of internal colleagues
- Direction of disease-specific MSL teams responsible for translating medical strategy to operational tactics
- Supports Managed Markets group, particularly in discussions with payers
- Educational Outreach Grant review to ensure alignment with strategic goals
- Ensures ethical and credible promotion and sits on Promotional and Medical Review boards
- Maintains medical and scientific knowledge through continuing medical and scientific education including attending symposia and keeping abreast of the current literature
- Ensure full compliance with all corporate and industry policies and legal and regulatory requirements, for all medical affairs activities
- Approximately 20% travel is expected
- Medical degree (M.D.)
- Expertise in the diagnosis and management of rare disease
- Experience in developing, conducting and publishing peer-reviewed scientific or clinical research
- Additional training or experience in epidemiology, health economics, or health policy and outcomes-based research and practice
- Proven success as a strategic thinker and planner
- Superb communication skills; oral and written, including presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including building strong working relationships, and managing and resolving conflict
- Well-organized, with demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed cross-functional environment; strongly team-oriented
- Hard-working, energetic and passionate
- An unwavering commitment to upholding the highest ethical, legal, regulatory and scientific standards
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet