Lead, US Oncology Pipeline Development and Commercialization
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Lead, US Oncology Pipeline Development and Commercialization will oversee the US commercial planning and execution of early Oncology pipeline assets. The role will work in close partnership with Global and across US functions (including marketing, value & access, business operations, medical, clinical, etc.) to ensure development plans align with US priorities, strategic direction, and market dynamics. The Director will leverage his or her deep understanding of the target markets, customers, and competition to inform the development and commercial strategy for early pipeline efforts.
The role reports to the General Manager of US Oncology within the Sanofi Genzyme Business Unit and will work closely with the Hematology-Oncology and Solid Tumor – Oncology Franchise Heads and will be based in Cambridge, MA.
- Drive key business decisions by providing data-driven strategic insights to help shape the early commercial strategy of preclinical and early clinical-stage assets for the US market
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders across organization (R&D, Clinical, Medical, Marketing, Market Access, Global New Product Planning, etc.) to provide US insights to Global development plan and ensure alignment with US strategy
- Demonstrate nuanced understanding of target disease states and market dynamics to inform strategic development, commercialization choices, and long-term revenue and operational expense forecasts
- Collaborate with Global and cross-functional teams in rigorous assessment of potential target indications based on unmet need, development and regulatory feasibility, access requirements, competitive dynamics, and commercial potential
- Advocate for and support CI and primary and secondary market research efforts to inform strategic choices and forecasts
- Collaborate in the development early scientific platforms to ensure strategically-aligned communication regarding early pipeline assets
- Effectively manage product transitions from early commercialization to Brand/Launch teams
- Provide US support and insights to Global and Business Development teams as opportunities arise
- A minimum of 10+ years relevant commercial experience in the biopharmaceutical industry including a minimum of 3-4 years new product planning
- A deep understanding of the US oncology landscape
- U.S. Commercial experience with strong matrix skills and cultural sensitivity to work effectively across the company
- Strong understanding of the drug development process in oncology including strategic and US operational requirements
- Experience working with cross functional project teams (e.g. Project Management, R&D, Portfolio Management, etc.) and guiding development strategies to meet commercial needs
- B.S/B.A degree
- MBA or science-related graduate degree
- Ability to synthesize findings and clearly articulate implications from multiple sources of information, including primary and secondary market research and data, and formulate strong, supportable recommendations
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate all clinical data / publications to support business objectives
- Strong track record of project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Proven team player with ability to navigate cross functionally
- Oncology launch experience
Thesuccessful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community