Lab Head, Principle Scientist, Dupixent/Type 2 Inflammation & Fibrosis - Cambridge, MA
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The Type 2 Inflammation & Fibrosis Cluster within the Immunology & Inflammation Therapeutic Area is focused on discovering new mechanisms of immune-mediated diseases and developing these findings into novel drugs that improve the lives of patients. In addition to internal programs, we are a center for Sanofi activities in a number of public–private partnerships, including the BIOMAP consortium for multi-omic research into inflammatory skin diseases (http://biomap-imi.eu/network/industry-partners/sanofi)
Our Cluster is currently focusing on new biology and mechanisms relevant to Dupixent, our approved biologic targeting the IL-4/IL-13 pathway. We are therefore in search of a creative, innovation-driven scientist who will bring new perspectives to the Type 2 Inflammation and Fibrosis field, leading a team of 2-4 lab members focused on new biology, indication expansion and competition is this area. Bringing academic inquiry to the pharma environment, you will work closely and collaboratively with the Cluster Head, Dr Paul Bryce, to turn our ideas into impact research. Your team will be an important interface between us and other partners across the company, including Clinical Development and Medical Affairs..
Your position will involve working alongside our experienced cluster team members and technology-driven internal partners here at Sanofi, as well as several external academic and industry partners we collaborate with. We work in a very active, collaborative environment and you should have the people skills necessary to inspire colleagues, mentor team members and represent our ideas and opportunities to our senior leadership.
We are searching for someone with a strong knowledge of immunology and a focus on allergic disease and the associated biology, and an ability to lead discoveries through cutting-edge technologies and innovation. Experience in research related to human immune profiling and/or relevant animal models of disease are important.
- Lead the scientific strategy for programs related to Type 2 immunity and oversee the execution of experiments needed to identify and develop targets for disease.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships and working across a matrix environment that includes partners at the forefronts of science and medicine, including Digital Strategy, Translational Medicine, Clinical Development, Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics, and Medical Affairs.
- Oral and written communication of projects and data packages to varied audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to overcome hurdles and challenges by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Communicate research through peer-reviewed publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of scientific developments in our field and utilize this in our activities.
- Ensure productive and efficient utilization of department resources to meet project timelines.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials such as controlled drug and radioactive compounds.
- May mentor/supervise a team several Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists, guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals, and be accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- PhD with minimum 8 years of relevant industrial/pharma experience or Bachelor or Master degree with significant relevant experience (minimum of 15 years) and accomplishments.
- Proven ability of innovation and project inception, such as successful grant writing.
- Ability to Interact well with a diverse group and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Effective writer and communicator of research or other regulatory materials.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community