Head of Dupixent Research
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The Immunology & Inflammation Research Therapeutic Area is looking to add a key leader to our scientific family who works at the forefront of medicine to transform the lives of patients. Focusing on Dupixent, an approved biological medication for several diseases including Atopic Dermatitis and Asthma, your position will direct our research strategy for enhancing our understanding and competitiveness of this exciting therapy. This translational role will incorporate learnings from research and clinical studies into strategies developed together with our partners in Development, Medical Affairs and Commercial that drive our research directions and align with the experiences of patients and indications where Dupixent can have most benefit.
Working in a highly matrix environment, Sanofi offers a unique opportunity to help shape the direction and decisions of a growing therapeutic. The scope of the position will involve all aspects of the pharmaceutical business and require skills aligned with being able to integrate and contribute to decisions in Research, Development, Medical Affairs and Commercial. There will also be significant opportunities to develop and contribute to external collaborations with other companies and academics.
We are searching for someone with a strong knowledge of immunology, particularly allergic diseases, and an ability to lead through strategic coordination and collaboration. The position has the opportunity to also lead a small team of dedicated scientists who will enact internal programs and so experience in research related to human immune profiling and/or relevant animal models of disease could be useful.
This position reports directly to the Therapeutic Area Head
- Direct the research strategy and lead a Dupixent-focused research team.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with our partners to ensure programmatic activities relevant to our clinical experience and research interests.
- Strong communication skills and ability to network and influence project directions
- Confident and commanding skills in presenting research to external audiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to overcome hurdles and challenges.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of scientific and medical developments in the field and incorporate into in-house strategies as appropriate.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials such as controlled drug and radioactive compounds.
- Supervise a team several Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists, guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals, and be accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Basic Qualifications Include:
- MD/PhD in Immunology or a related field with 12+ years of related work experience.
- Proven track record in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to execute in a matrixed environment, interact well with a diverse group and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Track record in a Director role within industry
- Experience with Translational Medicine
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community