Information Scientist Manager US
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The Information Scientist Manager US partners with decision makers to accelerate innovation and informed decision making by providing strategic scientific and patent information.
The Information Scientist Manager US ensures comprehensive patent, scientific and technical information searches for R&D. The Information Scientist Manager US guarantees the first stage of the information analysis by providing key and relevant information. The ability to use analytical tools to visualize information is required for high priority analysis projects, such as competitive analyses.
The Information Scientist Manager US manages multiple global current awareness projects, actively participates in the evaluation of new technology for Scientific Intelligence (SciIntel), promotes and educates employees regarding products and services, and interacts internally and externally with peers. The person must be self-directed and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Patent / Scientific Searching:
The Information Scientist conducts high quality, comprehensive patent, scientific, medical, technical information searches and competitive intelligence analysis to enable better decision making for R&D and other functions within the vaccines division. Ensures required quality is met in the way the information is searched, collected, analyzed and shared.
- Analyzes the requests of the customers and validates comprehension of the requests between the Information Scientist Manager and the customer.
- Selects the relevant systems and sources and defines a search strategy adapted to the request and sources selected.
- Filters results to relevant information.
- Writes an Executive Summary or synthesis of the results and shares validated results with the customer.
- Deliver the relevant information in an actionable manner for high priority projects using visualization and analytics tools (i.e. map, chart, knowledge databases, …)
- Requests and obtains feedback from customer on the relevancy of the information provided.
- Uses efficient effective techniques based on industry best practices to ensure that quality information searches are performed, including those outsourced.
- Fulfills customer requests by negotiated deadline and in respect to competing priorities.
- Supports and collaborates with others in the SciIntel team as needed.
Provide new published information on vaccines, technologies and competitors to allow employees to stay up-to-date with their knowledge.
- Collaborate with project teams to understand their specific information needs and deliver highly relevant information in a user-friendly format.
- Define search strategies adapted to company priorities and customer needs.
- Ensure quality of provided information
- Updates project teams via the current alerting system on at least weekly basis by selecting and publishing relevant publications.
Assists with the management/selection of current awareness systems.
- Investigate the needs of Sanofi Pasteur customers to anticipate their changing information requirements and adapt current awareness systems/tools to their future needs.
- Create or remove subjects according to evolving company priorities and customers’ needs.
- Propose new solutions as needed.
Actively collaborate with other functions to investigate, evaluate, develop, and implement new information tools & technologies.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new and relevant technologies and information sources.
- Identifies R&D user’s evolving needs and defines specific requirements.
- Evaluates the quality, functionality, user friendliness, and cost effectiveness of information products and services.
- Recommends information vendors’ products and services.
- Participates in the development and implementation of information tools in collaboration with the ITS department.
Network / Training / Promotion:
Participates in the promotion of and training on the SciIntel’s information products and services.
- Contributes to the development of communication strategies to promote SciIntel‘s information products and services.
- Create relevant educational products (user guides, presentations, etc) when required.
- Organizes and/or participates in events to educate employees about the team’s products, services and capabilities.
- Promotes SciIntel by giving presentations to SP management and departments.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new and relevant technologies and information sources to facilitate innovation and informed decision-making at SP.
Promotes the value of networking and knowledge sharing to foster innovation and continuous improvement.
- Networks with key user groups to reinforce collaboration and to better understand their information needs.
- Proposes and develops methodologies to optimize the use and sharing of existing knowledge and the creation of new knowledge.
- Collaborates with other information professionals throughout the Sanofi Group to share information, best practices and expand professional knowledge.
- Scientific: Degree in biology or equivalent (immunology, life sciences, biochemistry, pharmacy, etc.), Master's preferred.
- Information / Documentation: academic or professional experience - MLS/ MSIS is highly desirable
- Patent: academic or professional experience
- Fluent in English, ability to communicate in French is a plus.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in scientific information retrieval and analysis.
- Master of scientific and technical databases (Proquest Dialog, STN, Chemical Abstracts, Questel Orbit etc., web searching, and information sharing / networking tools.
- Knowledge of patents, patent process and patent information is essential. Detailed knowledge of scientific and technical databases (Derwent World Patents Index, Chemical Abstracts/Registry, IFI US Claims, etc. and major internet patent sites are needed.
- Analysis skills using text analytics and/or text mining tools are a plus.
- Skills developing SharePoint based sites are also a plus.
- Must be customer service oriented, have excellent communication and computer skills, perform multiple tasks while maintaining strong organizational skills, be able to pay attention to detail while keeping the big picture in sight and making necessary arbitrations. Adaptability and change management capabilities, as well as a permanent search for innovative solutions are key to success. Must be a self-motivated team player capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community