Head of Immuno-Oncology Cluster
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Head of Immuno-Oncology Cluster– Cambridge, USA, Immuno-Oncology Research Therapeutic Area
Sanofi is expanding its pipeline and capabilities in immuno-oncology and is seeking outstanding scientists with significant experience in immunology, immuno-oncology and cancer biology to help further develop safe and effective medicines for cancer patients.
Job Responsibilities/Department Description:
As a Head of the Immuno-Oncology Cluster based in Cambridge, USA, you will develop and advance cutting-edge therapeutics by driving scientific innovation, excellence and rigor. The Head of Immuno-Oncology Cluster will manage a team of scientists based in Cambridge MA and will also lead research teams supported by multidisciplinary platforms and scientists based in the Boston area and around the globe. The Cluster Head will identify and validate new targets working with experts within and outside their team using a variety of tools, including human immunology, human genetics, human sample analyses, bioinformatics, clinical data, and preclinical in vitro and in vivo models, implementing new models and technologies.
The Head of Immuno-Oncology Cluster will work closely with research and development colleagues to ensure the progression of projects from concept to clinical testing, focusing on developing and validating impactful molecules with a strong translational rationale. The Cluster Head will maintain a leadership position in cancer research communities, connecting Sanofi scientists with collaborators around the globe. The Cluster Head will establish and manage productive collaborations with external scientists to help drive innovation. The Head of Immuno-Oncology Cluster will work closely with the Global Head of the Immuno-Oncology Research Therapeutic Area to develop and integrate a research strategy for the entire Immuno-Oncology Research Therapeutic Area, coordinate and contribute to portfolio review and prioritization, and will be part of the Immuno-Oncology Leadership Team, together with other senior leaders and key business partners. In addition, the Head of Immuno-Oncology Cluster in Cambridge, USA is expected to forge close collaboration with Heads of Immuno-Oncology Clusters in Vitry, France, to leverage mutual capabilities and expertise at both research sites and promote cross-site exchanges.
- Lead a Cluster/Department of scientists responsible for identifying novel targets and developing therapeutics targeting pathways in anti-cancer immunity; connecting cutting-edge science with unmet medical need.
- Advance the Immuno-Oncology Research Therapeutic Area strategy by identifying new targets and advancing projects in the current pipeline. Lead scientists experienced in a range of disciplines, from molecular and cell biology, immunology, genetics, and pharmacology, to develop deep mechanistic understanding of disease pathogenesis and confidence in target rationale,
- Lead internally and externally in an area of immuno-oncology research, publishing cutting edge science and developing and maintaining key collaborations around the globe.
- Actively seek and promote scientific collaboration opportunities between Immuno-Oncology and Molecular Oncology Research Therapeutic Areas.
- Manage collaborative relationships with project leads, key internal and external stakeholders, and with the Sanofi research platform leadership to resource and advance portfolio projects.
- Recruit, retain and develop world-class scientific talent.
- PhD or MD/PhD with postdoctoral and/or fellowship training. 12+ years of experience developing and leading research programs. 12+ years of experience in drug discovery and development or equivalent academic experience preferred.
- Deep expertise and outstanding record of research and publications in immunology, immuno-oncology and cancer biology.
- Expertise in extending discovery research through translational human biology to clinical development, using human biology approaches, biomarker development and validation, and forward and back translation of research and clinical endpoints.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary, matrixed teams.
- Understanding of complex research landscapes globally, ability to identify cutting-edge research and new directions, and connect internal and external colleague productively.
- Outstanding management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with multi-cultural teams and environments.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community