Head of Global MS/Neurology Medical Affairs- Cambridge/MA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Sanofi Genzyme is the Global Business Unit (GBU) of Sanofi responsible for specialty medicines with products in 5 key therapeutic areas; Rare Diseases, Rare Blood Disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology and Immunology.
The Head, Global Medical Affairs MS/Neurology will report to the Head, Global Medical Affairs for MS, Oncology and Immunology (MSOI). This person will be part of the Global Medical Affairs MSOI Leadership Team.
This person will lead a team of global medical affairs professionals (mostly comprised of MDs, and PhDs) dedicated to supporting commercialized products in MS and will play a key role in the clinical and commercial development of all products in the MS portfolio and MS/Neurology pipeline. S/he will be expected to lead the development of medical affairs strategies aligned with brand strategies and ensure optimal execution of medical affairs activities for prelaunch, launch and post-launch products in all markets served by Sanofi Genzyme. In addition to developing Global Medical Affairs Brand Plans for each brand in line with the Commercial Brand Strategy, the Head, Global Medical Affairs MS/Neurology is also accountable for the Medical Affairs contribution to the Integrated Evidence Generation Plan (IEGP) for both clinical development projects and inline products. This person will represent Medical on key governance committees including the cross-functional Therapeutic Area Review Committee (TARC), Global Project Teams (GPTs) and Global Brand Teams (GBTs). In addition, the Head will work closely with the leadership of Genzyme’s Research, Clinical Development, Commercial, Health Economics and Value and Access and Product Management functions in the US and worldwide to support optimal life cycle management for all products.
It is preferable for the Head, Global Medical Affairs MS/Neurology to be trained in a CNS-related specialty or to have deep industry experience in MS/neurology. Additionally this position requires the ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment, to be highly team oriented with outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other groups, as well as to be a strong strategic thinker while also being effective in tactical execution. Experience as a team leader and direct team management is also a requirement. A strong commitment to achieving corporate objectives while maintaining the highest ethical, regulatory and scientific standards is required. The primary goal of this position is to maximize patient benefit from Sanofi Genzyme’s products through ensuring their safe and appropriate use.
- Oversee management of strategy around Investigator Sponsored Studies and Phase IV Medical Affairs Studies, including chairing the Scientific Review Committee to ensure that the LCM strategy is clearly defined and consistent with the clinical development and strategic objectives for each product, and that appropriate processes are in place for review, approval, management and support of studies that are scientifically sound.
- Lead, along with colleagues in Scientific Communication, management of publication planning and execution to ensure that all data on Genzyme products generated by company or investigator sponsored trials is publicly presented in an appropriate and timely fashion and in a fair and balanced manner. Lead activities to define the scientific platform for each product along with Scientific Communications colleagues.
- Oversee management of funding for CME, grants, and sponsorships to ensure that funds are allocated appropriately to activities consistent with the clinical development and commercial objectives of the business, and that review and approval processes are in place to maintain strict compliance with all federal regulations.
- Manage direct reports and Head Global Medical Teams that will include Region Medical Heads for EU, JAPAC, Emerging Markets, US, Scientific Communication, other functions (eg RWE, HEVA) and direct reports.
- Responsibility and accountability for the financial management and reporting requirements for medical affairs, including supporting the Finance reporting process with accurate and timely data and assumptions as needed to support budgeting, forecasting and long range planning. Manage the budget.
- Lead the business units in KOL relationship management
- Ensure that medical guidance is provided to marketing and sales teams
- Participate in relevant Genzyme Product Teams to provide expertise and ensure alignment of medical affairs with clinical development and commercial activities
- Provide leadership in identifying needs for post-marketing clinical trials and registries and oversee their management and execution
- Represent the SAGZ MS/Neurology business unit at medical meetings, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with KOLs
- Represent the SAGZ MS/Neurology business unit at the corporate level and in interactions with other business units to optimize coordination and collaboration around areas of overlapping interests
- Travels regularly (both internationally and within the US) as necessary
- Board Certified M.D. or PhD with significant MS/Neurology experience
- Experience in clinical development and medical affairs , including pre-launch, launch and post launch
- Significant leadership and management experience in medical affairs or other aspects of the life sciences sector
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment
- Proficient in public speaking
- Preferably at least 10 years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or equivalent academic related experience
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet