Head of Communications, Specialty Care Global Business Unit, Cambridge, MA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
The GBU Head of Communications will act as Business Partner to the Head of the GBU and lead the GBU’s communication strategy to enhance the image, reputation and awareness of Sanofi in Specialty Care (rare diseases, rare blood disorders, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology), focusing mainly on products communication while ensuring internal engagement of the business unit community.
She / He is responsible for creating and leading the communication strategies of the GBU with a direct team based in Boston / Cambridge, while leveraging:
- the support from other key departments of the Global Communications organization (Executive Communication, Internal Communication, Channels & Planning, Media Relations, Sciences Communication),
- the collaboration with Regions / Countries Communication teams, in both mature and emerging markets.
Furthermore, this position will ensure consistent messaging internally and externally to achieve Global Business Unit and overall Company objectives.
The position is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and will report to the Global Head of Communications and a dotted line to the Head of the GBU. She / He is a member of the Communication Leadership team and Specialty Care GBU Leadership Team.
- Responsible for strategic development and implementation of proactive product communications programs for the Specialty Care Business Unit:
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic communication plans for the Business Unit and its products, which includes programming and strategic planning for pre-launch and launch products, inclusive of disease-awareness campaigns.
- Enhances awareness and visibility of key products / brands among external and internal stakeholders
- Develops integrated campaigns to strengthen pride, belonging and collaboration across the Specialty Care teams and beyond in collaboration with the global Communication teams.
- Successfully navigates media for new product entries and the promotion or defense of existing brands in collaboration with the Global media team;
- Manages issues /crisis associated with products to protect the company and brand reputation, in coordination with the full global communications team
- Supports the development and facilitation of a strong communication network within regions, countries.
- Works closely with the GBU head of Public Affairs and Market Access to secure an integrated EA approach in our contribution to the brand-plans for each product within each franchise.
- Responsible for in-depth disease communications (per franchise) and for providing Specialty Care GBU contents, develop therapeutic area narratives with Science Communications
- Coordinate Specialty Care GBU Head external and internal communications with Executive Comms & Editorial team and work with them to identify new external and opportunities
- Coordinate Congress Communications, with the support of Sciences department
- Serves as a member of the Specialty GBU leadership team to contribute to overall strategy and directions : Provides senior counsel and oversight on product communication strategy and programming, including issues management to Specialty Care Business Unit Head
- Ensures visibility and alignment for employees to act as ambassadors through coordinated communications strategy and content for employees
- Develop Community/ Specialty Care GBU engagement
- Ensures close coordination and consistent strategic communications through internal vehicles; partners closely with Internal Communications to achieve business goals;
- Develops media strategy and actively engages and generates positive results for Sanofi Specialty Care with the global media team
- Develops and implements a strong, positive news flow for Sanofi Specialty Care initiatives.
- Develops key messages, Q & A and press releases and anticipate potential media issues.
- Understands commercial, governmental and legal strategies, and advising of appropriate communications tools to achieve objectives.
- Manages and develops a team of senior communication professionals that provide first-in-class communications support to the full GBU
- Participate in internal company-wide communications projects
- Manage budget, programs, deliverables & measurement
- Oversee management of outside Public Relations / agency support, ensure agencies accountability for effective execution, manage plans according to budget and ensure effective resource allocation
- Minimum of 15 years of experience driving communication strategies. Robust experience in driving communications at large global company preferred
- Strong academic background with a Master in communications/business/ journalism and further education in the field of corporate communications
- Strong experience within the pharmaceutical sector, especially in Biotech Companies, ideally in the fields of oncology, immunology, MS, rare diseases etc.
- Solid understanding on the access strategies for biopharmaceuticals at global level (beyond US)
- Well balanced competencies between strategic and operational matters; experience in advising senior executives and working on strategic topics and issues management
- Team leader and team player, interfacing smoothly with communication colleagues – able to work in a complex and fast pace matrix organization
- Proficiency in English (both written and spoken) with outstanding writing and presentation skills
- Understanding and good command of digitalization of communications
- Proven change management skills and track record of delivering within a challenging environment
- At ease in multi-tasking with high degree of quality and fast delivery
- Position may require u to 25% overall travel
Core leadership competencies
- Business experience gathered as Communications Head / Manager
- Proven track-record of developing and driving international communications strategies
- Able to develop strategic ideas and communicate them in a compelling way
- Strategic ability combined with sound operational planning skills
- Strong credentials to drive results by taking a proactive medium and long-term view of business goals and objectives
Executing for Results
- Passion for quality and efficiency and a strong “can-do” attitude
- A person with drive, persistence, proven result-orientation and strong organizational skills, willing to go the extra mile
- Ethics, confidence, managing ambiguity and being open to learning
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in leading teams to excellence
- Integrating personality and strong team player
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, taking into account the strengths, weaknesses and styles of key players
- Cooperative and cross-functional approach
Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Strong engaging and influencing skills and the drive to positively impact
- Creative and innovative approach; challenging the status quo.
- Ability to motivate others to pursue common objectives with excitement about the future.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and intercultural skills
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet