Group Head, Precision Oncology Bioinformatics - Cambridge, MA
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
We seek an experienced computational biologist / data scientist to lead our Bioinformatics group in our fight to stop cancer.
In this exciting role as a part of the Precision Oncology group embedded within Oncology Research, the Bioinformatics Lead will direct a group of skilled computational biologists / data scientists in applying statistical, modeling, and machine learning approaches to cancer Drug Discovery and Early Development in both Molecular and Immuno-Oncology.
This group works as an integrated part of Research Teams to design high content experiments, to manage data, and to use advanced analytical and computational techniques to identify from back-translational studies disease endotypes and hypothesis about actionable targets therein. Furthermore, this team and the Bioinformatics Lead will collaborate with Early Development Teams to guide the development of therapeutic agents against those targets with data-driven biomarker plans through Proof of Concept (POC).
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes computational strategies for disease endotyping from back-translational studies both to identify and to rank actionable targets / combinations
- Develops biomarker plans (e.g., selection, PD, efficacy biomarkers) in collaboration with project teams
- Proactively engages with project teams to define crisp scientific questions that can be addressed with appropriately powered experimental designs
- Applies scientific expertise and judgement to initiate, design, direct and execute experiments and/or studies in support of research and/or development projects. Analyzes, interprets and presents results.
- Manages and develops group of one or more computational biologists / data scientists
- Demonstrates continuous growth in depth and breadth of personal scientific knowledge and understanding of strategic goals of group, team and company.
- Works independently, pro-actively, is an impactful contributor and/or leader of project teams and transverse initiatives, and significantly advances R&D goals beyond group.
- Oversees the continued development of computational methods and pipelines needed for current and future I/O assays, including Multiplex ImmunoFluorescence (MiF), WES/WGS, RNA-seq, TCR/BCR sequencing, neoantigen prediction, CITE/REAP-Seq.
- Oversee the creation of a common informatics platform for data processing
- Ph.D. in a computational, statistical, biophysics, or bioinformatics related fields.
- A minimum of 10+years project-based work in computational application to biology related fields
- Demonstrated record of leading computational teams in biopharma
- First-hand experience at integrating publicly or commercially available genetic, genomic, and immune datasets with novel experimental data to identify testable hypotheses
- First-hand experience with and application of machine learning approaches in drug discovery and early development
- First-hand experience with and application of network analysis approaches in drug discovery and early development
- Developed communication and presentation skills and a successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional project teams
- An ideal candidate will be collaborative, self-directed and possess a positive, proactive can-do mindset
- Strong interest in cancer biology and immunological diseases
- Statistical programming skills like SAS/S-plus, R/bioconductor and pipeline pilot or equivalents
- Excellent understanding of immunology and hands-on research experience investigating complex lymphoid and/or myeloid cell subsets
- First-hand multi-parametric data mining experience for target identification and biomarker discovery. For example, multivariate analysis; dimensionality reduction methods; parametric and non-parametric statistical methods; Bayesian statistics; pattern recognition or classification methods.
- Strong interpersonal influencing and collaboration skills to work in a team-oriented, matrix environment, and the ability to work through conflicts
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects of moderate scope, mapping-out critical path, milestones and timelines, as well as manage customer expectations with minimal supervision
- Ideally have industry experience with a record of effective project leadership
- Ability to initiate and drive external collaborations and engage key opinion leaders
- Expertise in Genetics desirable
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community