Global Value & Access Head, Dupixent / I&I
Global Value &Access Lead
MS Oncology Immunology Franchise- Sanofi Genzyme
Global Value & Access –Dupixent/ Immunology & Inflammation
Reports to: Head, VP of Global Value & Access, MS Oncology Immunology
Function: Global Value & Access
Location: CAMBRIDGE , MA, USA
Description of the position
The Global Value& Access Lead will report to the Head of MS Oncology Immunology Global Value &Access, reporting to the Global Head of MSOI.
The incumbent, in the Global Value& Access Team will develop the global market access strategy and value proposition in alignment with brand strategy, the development of all related key deliverables and will ensure consistent alignment at region/country level.
He /she will play an active role in defining the payer evidence plan and the pricing strategy development to optimize launch and maximize the product lifecycle in alignment with the Global Market Access function (working very closely with its HEVA and Pricing partners).
The incumbent will also have the responsibility (together with the Region) to anticipate and coordinate support throughout all the negotiation period by fostering one single team approach (cross-functional) for consistent, efficient and timely response to countries with multiple HTA/payers requests.
The person will manage a Global V&A team and be responsible for the overall direction, execution, performance management and development of the Team
He /she will work closely with the corresponding TA Team (TA Head, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical development, …) , the partners in Global Market Access (HEOR and Pricing ), incl External Partner (Regeneron) – and the Affiliates Market Access team to ensure optimal and sustainable access to TA products at optimal prices and reimbursement levels.
The Global Value& Access Lead is based in Cambridge, MA. unless otherwise agreed to by the team (Global Head MSOI Value& Access)
Missions and objectives
Main scope: To develop Global Market Access strategy (and action plans) for the Dupixent/ Immunology and ensure Excellence in implementation at Region / Country level to ensure access & price conditionsare maintained and optimized at launch and throughout the lifecycle of the products.
Note: The list below is not comprehensive; this job is also responsible for other duties as assigned. Minimum requirements within this job function:
- Define and implement Dupixent Global Market Access strategyfor existing and new indications, plan and supportive tools/ guidance in line with the Global brand strategies
- Partner effectively with global colleague functions, regions and countries (if applicable) to execute on Market Access core deliverables.
- Ensure the development of all specific evidence (incl. Clinical trials and RWE) needed to support “product clinical and economic value” by collaborating with relevant departments
- Contribute to the development of specific P&R policy Guidance and Secure the country implementation with Regional and Global Stakeholders ( Regional Max Committee to review Countries P&R strategies before GPC, Review & validation of key supporting local tools , to ensure alignment with Global Market Access Strategy)
- Establish with countries early and effective Payers /Proxy payers interactions
- Partner effectively with relevant departments (e.g. Marketing, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, HEVA, Global Pricing) to influence the market assessment, product positioning, and TPP by providing strategic input regarding market access, reimbursement and pricing information throughout the product life cycle.
- Continuously Monitor the marketplace for market access issues, threats and opportunities, and surface issues , adjust strategies appropriately.
- Ensure with regions and/or appropriate functions the Market Access Excellence and Readiness of the countries and support as needed (e.g. Best Practice Negotiation Tools or Workshops, Training on specific tools including payer negotiations …)
- Continuously monitor and coordinate the Access situations in multiple countries and Lead the corresponding Product HTA Response Team (incl HEOR ,Global Medical, Region Medical) throughout the negotiation period to ensure appropriate ,coordinated and timely support to the country
- Strong Best Practice sharing with all Members of the MSOI Global Value& Access Team
- Leading Market Access Team (V&A, Pricing , HEOR, Region & Countries Max teams)
- Manage and develop direct report(s)
3) Profile and experience
- 10 years of relevant professional experience including Market Access, Health Economics or Medical, Clinical Development.
- People and team management experience required
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading and managing a team within a matrix organization; demonstrated ability to influence and lead without direct reporting relationships
- Launch experience required
- Strategic thinking and implementation required
- Experience in and expertise from a commercial, employer, or government payer organization
- PhD or other advanced degree preferred
- In-market/ affiliate experience preferred
- Successful experience and proven track record managing a comprehensive disease category for a payer organization, science background preferred
- Demonstrated business acumen, analytical and financial skills to evaluate investment strategies, assign prospective quantitative metrics, and assess impact of key investments
- Strong organizational and project management skills, demonstrated ability to successfully drive a project to completion with positive results
- Demonstrated understanding of how the customer perceives their own business relative to competition, understands customer’s needs, culture, and how things get done in the customer environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation capabilities.Coalition-building and quantitative skills critical to success
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community