Global Public Affairs Business Partner, Rare Blood & Diseases, Cambridge, MA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) is a leading global integrated healthcare company that discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions to improve the lives of everyone. With 100,000 dedicated professionals in more than 100 countries, Sanofi is devoted to advancing healthcare around the world. In 2018, Sanofi reported Group sales of EUR 34.5 billion, in an almost equal distribution between emerging markets, the United States, and Europe. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare and is structured in 5 Global Business Units (GBUs): Sanofi Specialty Care, Primary Care, China & Emerging Markets, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
Sanofi believes that Health is a social asset: a basic right, a source of well-being and a driver of economic growth
Public Affairs (PA) is one of the key functions within External Affairs and is an essential partner in the successful execution of the company’s Strategy Roadmap 2.0. Our purpose is to create the conditions that promote scientific innovation and enable sustainable access to Sanofi’s portfolio. We do this by engaging with patients, consumers, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders to shape the policy environment for health care. Our ambition is to be a forward leaning, industry leading and trailblazing Public Affairs organization that is actively shaping the future health landscape, changing the conversation on the value of innovation and building bridges. The Global PA team is organized by GBUs and Regions and provides support to each GBU across geographies.
The Global Public Affairs Business Partner serves as the senior PA functional expert to the GBU. The BP works closely with the GBU Leadership Team in developing global public affairs strategies to meet key business objectives. The BP collaborates with the Regional/Local PA teams to ensure relevance of global strategy, alignment on resource prioritization, and consistency in execution. The role reports solid line to the Global Head of PA, and dotted line to the GBU Head.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Global Public Affairs Business Partner for Rare is responsible for developing and executing global public affairs strategy to deliver on the strategic objectives of the Rare Blood and Rare Diseases GBU (Rare GBU).
• Develop and drive implementation of a robust PA strategy to achieve the vision for Rare GBU - reinforcing the company’s commitment to the Rare community and supporting high priority business objectives for select key assets (hemophilia, hematology, nephrology, aTTP, gaucher et. al) and significant new launches in the Rare Blood/Rare Disease portfolio.
• Reinforce Sanofi Genzyme’s long standing position as leader in innovation and patient commitment in Rare.
• Develop an external policy/market shaping strategy for Rare in priority countries within the Emerging Markets in close partnership with regional PA (identify patients, build advocacy, shape policy to drive diagnosis and accelerate/sustain access to treatment)
• Drive “Where to Play” strategy for select priority markets, focusing on areas where PA can deliver value.
• Strengthen relationships with global Rare patient groups and key stakeholders to ensure “voice of the patient” is central to shaping business strategy and development opportunities
• Build expertise and knowledge of Rare space within the Public Affairs community.
• Work with regional/local PA teams to ensure global strategies reflect local realities and relevance/utility of global tools.
• Leverage resources and expertise across External Affairs functions, secure alignment and champion one EA voice.
• Collaborate with key cross functional partners (Medical, Regulatory, R&D, Commercial) to shape policy, guidelines to ensure patient access to treatment and clinical trials.
• Cultivate strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and patient groups to bring needed solutions to patients in line with the priorities of the GBU and consistent with over all company position.
• Understand important trends likely to impact business strategy – monitor and analyze potential threats, opportunities from external developments and communicate them effectively to the GBU leadership.
• Serve as strategic advisor and staff the Head of the Global Business Unit in all external affairs issues relevant to properly operate commercial operations and protect/advance Sanofi’s reputation.
• Develop and execute external engagement strategy for senior GBU leadership to establish Sanofi’s commitment to science, patients.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited four-year College or university; e.g. political sciences, law, economics, medicine, or pharmacy), is required. Post-graduate degree in public health or health care related field /Doctorate degree or business (e.g., M.D., PhD, PharmD, MBA or equivalent) is strongly preferred. A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in public affairs, with responsibilities for market-shaping strategies, advocacy campaigns, or advanced responsibilities in an industry (or advocacy global institution) public affairs role. Scientific background, knowledge/experience in Rare Disease a strong plus. This position will require strong collaboration across the Local, Regional, and Global teams. Identified candidates will have proven experience in developing, and leading within a highly matrixed environment. Previous experience partnering with Regulatory Affairs; Market Access; and/or Communications cross-functional teams is preferred. This position may require up to 60% overall travel.
Languages: Fluent English (oral & written) French/ other languages a plus.
• Strategic thinker with demonstrated understanding of the strategic role of Public Affairs in driving business success.
• Solid track record in translating strategy to action: developing high impact Public Affairs strategies, deploying PA tools and tactics to meet business objectives.
• Strong leader with proven leadership ability to build consensus, influence the debate, mobilize teams around a position or cause.
• Team player, skilled in collaboration and able to work and lead with ease cross-functionally and within a matrix.
• Working knowledge of policy and political environment, legislative processes and role of supra-national bodies.
• Skilled at developing and cultivating relationships with patient organisations and other strategic partners.
• Strong knowledge of stakeholder groups, including multi-lateral institutions, trade associations, patient organizations.
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry, appreciation of critical trends shaping the operating landscape and relevance to industry/business strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to work with teams of experts and senior leaders in a highly matrixed organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Comfortable in ambiguous settings and in operating effectively in fast paced environments.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. #GD-SA; #LI-SA
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet