Global Pricing Director, Oncology
The Global Pricing Director, Oncology will report to the MSOI (MS, Oncology, Immunology) Global Pricing Business Partner, and priorities and deliverables are aligned with Global Brand Lead and the Franchise Head.
The Global Pricing Director, Oncology is responsible for defining and implementing global pricing strategies for current and future oncology assets, building on the product/s value proposition and supportive evidence generation plan/s. He/She will be working alongside the current Global Oncology Pricing team.
The position is located in Cambridge (US).
- Develop optimal pricing strategy for current and future oncology assets, in partnership with the Global Value & Access team, Global Brand team, regions and countries (50%)
- Input into value proposition, including impact of health outcome/cost-effectiveness, and recommend value target and initiatives to support optimal pricing strategies
- Conduct necessary pricing researches to inform optimal list price corridors across geographies, as well as net price / commercial policy targets
- Set optimal official prices and contracting strategy per market segments for US, EU, Japan in priority and emerging markets in strong collaboration with global market access and local pricing/access teams
- Assess and recommend innovative pricing approaches when relevant
- Develop analytical models to determine price strategies that maximize profit and revenue (including benchmark of competitors prices, impact of key element of value, price elasticity models), as well as launch sequence model that will optimize prices across regions
- Develop the Global Pricing Policy and associated pricing story
- Support affiliates in their pre-launch activities, providing insights on expected price levels in their reference basket and reviewing their pricing and access strategies (especially via the Regional Market Access Committees)
- Act as expert and key business partner on price-related issues for oncology (10%)
- Monitor relevant pricing and competitive landscape and provide recommendations
- Contribute to the Market Access sub-team as key member and pricing expert
- Provide pricing guidance and insights to BU leads; support strategic plan, budget and brand plan exercises with robust pricing assumptions
- Manage and follow budget for scope of activities
- Partner with pricing key stakeholders as well as within the Global Pricing team
- Ensure optimal pricing strategy implementation in collaboration with Market Access, Brand teams and regions/ countries
- Anticipate potential changes to Pricing & Reimbursement environment and, working with countries and regions as well as with management, implement strategies to minimize price cuts and resulting negative price reference impacts
- Train countries on Global Pricing Guidance and negotiation guides, in collaboration with other Global Market Access team members
- Ensure transparency in process and confidentially of sensitive pricing information
- Contribute to the Global Pricing team priorities and lead specific global pricing projects
- Experience with and understanding of US, European health care and reimbursement systems, international pricing rule and cost-containment measures used to manage pharmaceutical expenses in major markets
- Strong experience in pricing analysis (impact of international reference price, business case evaluation, financial data interpretation and price modelling)
- Strong strategic and leadership skills as well as analytical/creative skills to translate clinical information and messages into pricing strategies and transversal projects.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Strong customer service knowledge and orientation
- Must be capable of leading Processes, Projects and taking or supporting decisions by always meeting expected outputs and deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex / High level Projects or initiatives and take tough / High impact decisions
- Ability to prioritize emergencies with the capability to meet deliverables in time and quality while working under pressure
- Meeting conduction and facilitation skills
- Intercultural sensibility, ability to adapt to different and diverse cultures
- Negotiation/Conflict resolution capabilities
- Ability to influence transversally and drive to desired outcomes, leading diverse cross-functional teams without direct authority
- Integrity and strong sense of confidentiality
- Rigor and ability to play with figures
Required Experiences :
- Pricing or access capabilities: global or in-country experience successfully dealing with Pricing, Market Access or Health Economics in Pharma with knowledge of payer mindset and motivations, contracting tactics and Health Economics (understand drivers and interpretation of HE and cost-effectiveness models) would be a plus
- Proven expertise in either US or European pricing strategy development (both being a plus)
- Experience in conducting and leading pricing research.
- Experience in oncology (will be a plus)
- Good knowledge of Health economics (understand key drivers and interpretation of health economics and cost-effectiveness models)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn pricing approaches (e.g. Value Based Pricing) and Research methods (price elasticity of demand, willingness to pay, willingness to buy)
- Ability to learn and apply methods to set optimal price (e.g., price elasticity of demand, price differentiation for multiple indications or treatment lines, internal product positioning, feasibility of differential pricing within/across geographies etc.)
- Learns and understands affordability considerations and solutions (e.g., tiered pricing)
- Learns and can assimilate P&R insights to inform future pricing decisions (i.e., pricing policy updates or commercial arrangements for current medicines or price setting for future medicines)
- Learns and understands impact of international reference pricing, cross-indication referencing and launch sequencing
- Learns and then can apply profitability measures and break even analyses to recommend net floor price considerations, when relevant
- Learns and then can effectively communicates rationale in support of recommended pricing strategy
- Learns and then can assess impact of and implements managed entry schemes (e.g., risk identification, mitigation planning and performance management of schemes)
- Learns and then can drives identification and need for creating alternative pricing solutions (e.g., international differential pricing) and associated internal communication platform
- Learns and understands compliance risk of pricing practices (competitive law, anti-bribery regulations)
- Learns and then can perform trade-off analyses (price/volume/time/launch sequence) for price and brand optimization
- Learns and then can articulate how different value propositions affect price setting and price execution
- Learns and then understands impact of price execution and price maintenance risk (regular price cuts, changes of references prices) on price setting
Education: Dual Scientific or Health Economist background and Business school with health policy specialty. Minimum of 5 years of experience with proven track record within the pharmaceutical industry, consultancy or health care system/organization
Languages:English fluency required
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Regular, close contact with:
- Global Oncology Pricing team
- Global Market Access team (including HEVA and HSEI)
- Global Franchise/Brand team (V&A leads, Marketing, Medical, market research-forecasting)
- Countries Market Access & Pricing
Regular, close contact with:
- External organisations and partners that provide insight into Strategic Pricing
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community