Global Oncology Medical Director, Breast Cancer
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Bridgewater, New Jersey
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Global Oncology Medical Director, Breast Cancer
Sanofi is recruiting a new Global Oncology Medical Director to support the new oral asset product activities related in the Global Oncology Franchise. There is a huge unmet medical need for a convenient, oral asset in the treatment of the breast cancer patients.
This position is based in Cambridge, MA, the global headquarters for Sanofi Oncology. It is a highly visible due to the optimism for the therapy and the impact it will have on patients. The role functions internally as the expert in breast cancer to support the development and execution of an efficient and integrated global medical/scientific strategy, including scientific evidence generation and scientific information exchange with key stakeholders.
Essential to success is an outstanding partnership with Clinical Development and Commercial functions to maximize the value proposition. Externally, the role assists Health Care Professionals and Payers to optimize patient care and treatment outcomes through evidence-based decisions.
A summary of responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and approving medical and scientific content of Regulatory, Safety, Scientific Affairs, Medical Affairs, and Commercial.
- Supporting successful launch in breast cancer indication and preparing groundwork for possible future indications
- Ensuring that Sanofi Oncology product data generated by the company or investigator sponsored trials is publicly presented in an appropriate and timely fashion and in a fair and balanced manner.
- Working closely with clinical development on study design, initiation, and monitoring.
- Providing support and direction to local Medical Leads in interactions and communications with external customers, key organizations, and institutions.
- Interacting with the key countries directly and bringing their perspectives to the appropriate issues at hand.
- Pro-actively providing support and guidance to marketing and sales teams.
- Supporting the health economic team to prevent and/or address opportunities
- Informing stakeholders of unmet needs and facilitating appropriate approaches to address them.
- Identifying needs for post-marketing clinical trials and registries and supporting their management and execution
- Interacting with experts at medical meetings, advisory boards, and outreach meetings to represent Sanofi and strengthen its reputation in Oncology. Also, maintaining external orientation by participating actively in external Oncology events and activities.
- Doctorate in relevant scientific discipline or pharmacy - MD preferred, Board Certification in Oncology/Hematology or Pediatric Oncology/Hematology ideal.
- Experience in Medical Affairs and on Brest cancer is strongly preferred.
- In-depth understanding of and proven success in how to conceptualize, design, and conduct complex, global clinical trials.
- Excellent skills working with experts from other functions and countries and influencing decision making without authority in a complex and matrix environment.
- Commitment to a culture that operates with high ethical standards and strives to exceed all goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence while working effectively in a matrix environment.
- Comfort operating in a consensus building role but also able to make specific recommendations and decisions and drive for implementation.
- Ability to inspire confidence – both internally and externally in Sanofi Oncology - by leading by example, demonstrating Brest cancer expertise and collaborative behavior.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical data results and information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build solid working relationships with the commercial organization, as well as negotiate and influence across cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others
- Excellence in solving problems while exhibiting superior judgment and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues.
- A team player; able to collaborate successfully with both internal and external colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including strong presentation skills.
- The highest personal integrity; committed to ethics and scientific standards.
- Strong analytical skills, comfort managing through ambiguity.
- Understanding and success in dealing with different cultures.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and projects, requiring an excellent ability to prioritize and manage expectations.
- A “lifelong” learner who consistently seeks opportunities to learn.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community