Global Oncology Market Access & Pricing Lead, Lung (CEACAM5 lead & Libtayo® NSCLC support)
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Sanofi Genzyme’s Oncology franchise has a diverse and fast-growing portfolio. This includes the late-stage launching assets (Libtayo® / cemiplimab / PD1-inhibitor in multiple tumors and Sarclisa® / isatuximab / anti-CD38 in multiple myeloma) as well as a growing number of earlier compounds (e.g. IL2, SHP2, and others). We are rapidly advancing a robust and reinvigorated oncology pipeline in different malignancies including NSCLC, Breast Cancer, Skin Cancers, GI tumors and hematology.
The primary focus of the role is to develop, update and support execution of the Global Market Access and Pricing strategy, plans and tactics for CEACAM5 (across indications but primarily NSCLC) and for Libtayo® NSCLC indications using best-in-class methodologies, under the guidance of the Global Libtayo® & CEACAM5 Global Market Access & Pricing Lead. Based on the stage of development of the asset/indication (pre-PoC vs. post-PoC or even pre-launch), the incumbent is responsible for providing market access input to support ongoing development and trial design, payer evidence generation efforts as well as assessment of market access opportunity and pricing / reimbursement positioning in collaboration with the Global Project Team, New Product Planning (NPP), and/or Global Brand Lead (GBL), supporting cross-functional decision-making and/or launch preparation.
This is a highly collaborative role which will coordinate the relevant cross-functional sub-team and that must work cohesively with all relevant stakeholders directly or indirectly involved in Market Access (HEVA Leads, GMAX CoE, Affiliate market access representatives) and beyond (NPP or GBL, Clinical, Medical, Biostats, etc.) to build and execute on a successful market access and pricing plan / strategy and develop effective tools to realize the full pricing and access potential of Sanofi solutions.
In addition to strategic planning support and all relevant launch deliverables, the incumbent will also have the operational responsibilities to support launches. This will include anticipating and coordinating country support during the negotiation period, by fostering a one-team approach (cross-functional) for consistent, efficient and timely response to countries with multiple HTA/payers requests. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for managing relevant market access projects/vendor activities, building and maintaining market access tracking tools, coordinating market access governance reviews with affiliates, etc. to support launches.
The position will provide exposure to pre-POC, post-PoC and launch preparation activities.
- As per task / indication / asset, the incumbent will either support or lead the efforts according to needs, priorities and ramp-up. Increasing autonomy expected to grow over time, becoming the Market Access & Pricing main point of contact for CEACAM-5 and/or relevant Libtayo® NSCLC sub-teams
- Collaborates on the development and supports execution of the market access and pricing strategy in partnership with the global oncology cross-functional colleagues (e.g. Commercial, Clinical, Medical, Regulatory, etc.)
- Partner effectively with relevant departments (e.g. Commercial, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, HEOR, etc.) to support market assessment, product positioning, and TPP development by providing strategic input regarding market access, reimbursement and pricing information throughout the product life cycle
- Responsible for the timely development of a clear MAx Roadmap for all indications under scope to ensure the organization has the right level of understanding and preparedness to support opportunity assessment, decision-making, market development & launch preparation
- For each indication / asset under scope, responsible for the timely execution of assigned core activities pertaining to the following areas (lead or support as appropriate)
- Foundational knowledge of disease and payer unmet need
- Competitive assessment
- Early market access success factors / risks identification
- Fact based “early assessment” of market access and pricing opportunity (price/access assumptions for forecasting) and scenario development
- Informed market access input to development plan & pivotal trial design
- Market access plan / blueprint
- Payer value proposition
- Payer evidence plan and IEGP involvement to ensure it supports Global Market Access strategy and payer value proposition, in partnership with HEVA
- Global pricing strategy
- Launch related toolkit (e.g., negotiation guide and training)
- Leads/supports the relevant Market Access cross-functional working groups / sub-team / projects ensuring relevant input / engagement from priority markets
- Contribute to the review, coordination within the BU and validation of pricing recommendation proposed by the CoE (the MAP head will define the level of delegation according to its TA strategic strategic priorities)
- Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge with regards to the scientific, clinical, strategic pricing and commercial developments relevant to the asset/indications under scope
- Develops and maintains a robust understanding of relevant pricing and reimbursement criteria used by payers in key markets to make informed decisions about payer strategy, plans and tactics
- Operational support through the launch, including country support with negotiations, project management, tracking country milestones, access and pricing, maintaining competitor access databases, coordinating market access governance, etc.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong strategic and leadership skills as well as analytical skills to translate clinical information and messages into payer access strategies.
- Strong communications skills
- Highly collaborative, ability to work well in a cross-functional team, coalition-building skills
- Understanding of payer value drivers within Oncology
- Understanding of the evolution of the market access landscape and implications for the business
- Knowledge of the success metrics of how the value proposition is delivered to key payers (i.e., what is required to command certain benefit ratings, P&R outcomes, reimbursement coding)
- Demonstrated ability to work across diverse and complex payer archetypes, balance multiple priorities, and stay organized through multiple parallel launches
- > 7 years of relevant professional experience with an accomplished Global Market Access track record. HEOR experience/training is a plus.
- Demonstrated business acumen, analytical and financial skills to evaluate investment strategies, comfortable with product forecast and P&L, quantitative skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage research, scenario analyses and payor and pricing insights to generate global integrated market access payer and pricing strategies and plans to maximize product differentiation most relevant to payers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with a diverse group of leaders across within a matrix organization; demonstrated ability to influence and lead without direct reporting relationships;
- Strong organizational and project management skills, demonstrated ability to successfully drive a project to completion with positive results
- Demonstrated understanding of how the customer perceives their own business / institutional mandate relative to competition, understands customer’s needs, culture, and how things get done in the customer environment
- Significant global pricing experience
- Baseline grounding in HEOR (modeling, comparative data, data generation, RWE, and key HEOR considerations for market access strategy development)
- Oncology background highly preferred
- Experience / exposure to clinical development
- US based / Cambridge, MA unless otherwise agreed upon to by the team
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community