Global Oncology Market Access & Pricing Lead/Head, Oncology, Pipeline Strategy & Strategic Projects
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Sanofi Genzyme’s Oncology franchise has a diverse and fast growing portfolio. This includes the late-stage launching assets (Libtayo® / cemiplimab / PD1-inhibitor in multiple tumors and Sarclisa® / isatuximab / anti-CD38) in multiple myeloma) as well as a growing number of earlier compounds (e.g. IL2, SHIP2 etc…). We are rapidly advancing a robust and reinvigorated oncology pipeline in different malignancies including Breast Cancer, NSCLC, Skin Cancers, GI tumors and hematology.
The primary purpose of the role is to develop, update and support execution of the Global Market Access and Pricing assessment and strategy, plans and tactics for a number of key assets (IL-2, SHIP2, TGFb etc…) in development through best in class methodologies. The incumbent is responsible for providing market access input to support development plans and trial designs, broader payer data generation efforts as well as opportunity assessment from a market access standpoint and initial payer / value / pricing positioning in alignment with the Global Project Team and New Product Planning in order to support decision making.
This is a highly collaborative role which will coordinate the relevant cross-functional sub-team and that must work cohesively with all relevant stakeholders within Market Access (HEVA Leads, GMAX CoE, Affiliates…) and beyond (NPP, Clinical, Medical, Biostats etc…) to build successful access and pricing plan and strategy strategies and tools in order to realize the full pricing and access potential of Sanofi solutions.
The role will also entail improving “early” MAx capabilities across the Oncology pipeline through methodology & standard improvement and also coach / mentor other team members as needed with respect to early assessment.
- Leads the development and supports execution of the access and pricing strategy in collaboration with the therapeutic global cross-functional partners (e.g. NPP, Clinical, medical, regulatory etc)
- Responsible for the timely development a clear Early Max Roadmap for all assets under scope to ensure the organization has the right level of understanding and preparedness to support opportunity assess, decision making and market preparation
- Responsible for the timely execution of all core activities pertaining to the following
- Foundational knowledge of disease and payer unmet need
- Early market access success factors / risks identification
- Fact based early potential assessments (price/access assumptions for forecasting) and scenario development
- Informed market access input to development plan & pivotal trial design
- Early market access plan / blueprint
- Early payer value proposition
- Payer evidences plan and IEGP support to ensure it reflect Global Market Access Value proposition partnership with HEVA
- As MAx & Pricing representative in the GPT and early commercialization team,
- Contribute to the formulation and execution of the asset(s) strategy and ensure key payer/ market access considerations are made explicit and addressed as appropriate
- Provide the relevant support for governance meetings (e.g. TARC, DWG, IDCC, PFR…)
- Coordinates the relevant cross-functional sub-team ensuring relevant input / engagement from priority markets
- Maintains a high level of knowledge with regards to the scientific, clinical, strategic pricing and commercial developments relevant to the asset under scope
- Develops and maintains a robust understanding of relevant pricing and reimbursement criteria used by payers in key markets to make informed decisions about payer strategy, plans and tactics.
- Improves “early” MAx capabilities across the Oncology pipeline through methodology & standard improvement in areas such as value assessment, robust and earlier insight generation, scenario development or/or risk management
- Coach / mentor other team members as needed with respect to early assessment.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong strategic and leadership skills as well as analytical skills to translate clinical information and messages into payer access strategies.
- Strong communications skills
- Highly collaborative, ability to work well in a cross-functional team, coalition-building skills
- Understanding of payer value drivers within Oncology
- Understanding of the evolution of the market access landscape and implications for the business
- Knowledge of the success metrics of how the value proposition is delivered to key payers (i.e., what is required to command certain benefit ratings, P&R outcomes, reimbursement coding)
- Track record of influencing clinical trial design and opportunity assessment with positive measureable impact on the franchise/brand financials
- Demonstrated ability to work across diverse and complex payer archetypes, priorities
- >15 years of relevant professional experience with an accomplished Global Market Access track record in “early”
- Demonstrated experience in scenario related payer value proposition, evidence requirements, pricing and access potential to shape disease area and commercial strategy as early as phase I or in-licensing to maximize commercial potential
- Demonstrated business acumen, analytical and financial skills to evaluate investment strategies, comfortable with product forecast and P&L, quantitative skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage research, scenario analyses and payor and pricing insights to generate global integrated market access payer and pricing strategies and plans to maximize product differentiation most relevant to payers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead Market Access teams across diverse settings including proactively expanding the information channels and coaching of peers on P&R insights gathered through multiple channels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with a diverse group of leaders across within a matrix organization; demonstrated ability to influence and lead without direct reporting relationships;
- Strong organizational and project management skills, demonstrated ability to successfully drive a project to completion with positive results
- Demonstrated understanding of how the customer perceives their own business / institutional mandate relative to competition, understands customer’s needs, culture, and how things get done in the customer environment
- Significant global pricing experience
- Minimum though sound grounding in HEOR (modeling, comparative data, data generation, RWE…)
- Oncology background highly preferred
- Significant experience / exposure to clinical development
- US based / Cambridge, MA unless otherwise agreed upon to by the team
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community