Global HEOR Business Partner, Oncology
Purpose of Role:
To support oncology portfolio to plan and generate robust health economics and value based evidence to maximize the value propositions from both a global and US perspective working within the Market Access tripod.
Major Activities / Key Responsibilities:
Health Economics Strategy, Evidence Generation and Reimbursement Support
Deliver quality research projects, economic models, trial design recommendations and other activities in support of programs/products. The incumbent interfaces with Clinical, Medical Affairs and business partners including Marketing, External Affairs and Market Access. He/she is accountable for the planning, design, implementation and completion of innovative evidence based research programs that are consistent with program/product strategies. The research programs developed will provide appropriate evidence and/or tools to be used for internal decision making and for external audiences at product launch and over product life cycle.
(Note: The list below is not comprehensive; this job is also responsible for other duties as assigned). Minimum requirements within this job function:
- Develops strategies and provides new ideas and concepts on how to move the program, product or therapeutic franchise forward
- Manage the HEVA evidence generation strategy
- Execute approved HEVA studies and manage ongoing studies according to budget and timeline expectations
- Identify new HEVA evidence generation opportunities to maximize lifecycle management
- Assist countries in developing or adapting health economic models and other materials for reimbursement, payer objection handling and other purposes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders including North American Medical Affairs, European Medical Affairs, Sanofi Emerging Market regional teams, and Established Products.
- Sets strategic evidence generation priorities and direction for assigned responsibilities and is able to incorporate this into appropriate planning documents
- Takes a leadership role in the development of relationships and continued advocacy with external advisors in appropriate therapeutic areas
- Develops collaborative research relationships that provide data of value to decision makers. Leverages interactions to identify strategies that will improve the impact of research and build advocates for data
- Interacts with senior level management providing high level strategies and long term vision of assigned work
- Implementation of evidence generation tactics consistent with HEVA strategic goals including designing, budgeting, contracting, tracking, reporting, and publication plans
- Provides input to clinical and medical teams regarding opportunities to execute HEVA strategies within their planned research activities by identifying the appropriate evidence to collect and report
- Serves as a resource to commercial organization in terms of pricing, positioning and reimbursement of products based on economic evaluations
All incumbents are expected to demonstrate effective communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team. The incumbent is expected to work independently, but in concert with the direction provided by their management, in accordance with defined functional policies and precedents, budgetary guidelines, company values, ethics and applicable law.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Demonstrated contributions to product success
- Development and execution of strategies that address data gaps and customer needs and ensure strategies and tactics anticipate scientific, regulatory and reimbursement/access trends and events that will affect Sanofi’s standing as a valued healthcare partner
- Expertise recognized within the function, corporation and healthcare field
- Develops and maintains peer relationships with clinical and economic methods
- Anticipates communication needs to cross-divisional audiences and pre-empts issues with timely and effective action
- Established track record of scientific and/or methods publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Compliance with all relevant internal SOPs and external laws and regulations.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to translate clinical and economic information and messages into payer evidence strategies.
- Oncology experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Understanding of the disease environment and the evolution of the market access landscape and implications for the business
- At least 7 years of experience in HEOR or market access in pharmaceutical industry, CRO or academic experience
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community