Global Head of Venglustat
Global Head of Venglustat
The Global Head of Venglustat is a newly created position reporting to the Global Head of Rare Diseases at Sanofi Genzyme and is a member of the Global Leadership Team for Rare Diseases. Venglustat is a GCS inhibitor currently developed in five indications: Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease (ADPKD), Gaucher Disease Type 3, GM2 Gangliosidosis, Fabry Disease and GBA Parkinson’s Disease. It is therefore considered as a pipeline in a product.
The Global Head of Venglustat will guide the pre-launch and launch activities across those different indications and will be instrumental in deciding on the launch sequence and pricing strategy. The role will be highly cross-functional, will require close interaction with multiple GBTs, regions and key countries, and involve leveraging synergies through a strong collaboration with all Rare Diseases teams and with the MS/Neurology team. This position is a global role based in Cambridge, MA.
- Act as the face of the product both internally and externally, shaping the brand while preparing the organization and the market for launch
- Provide strategic leadership to a Global Brand Teams covering value & access, patient advocacy, medical and marketing activities in collaboration with regions and key markets (US, EU5, Japan, China)
- Partners with the Global Project Head and the Global Project Team in the oversight of all clinical development, CMC, regulatory activities in support of the product approval
- Oversee recommendations to maximize value over the life cycle of the brand through the creation of a Global Launch Plan
- Develop a vision for the Brand by leading the process of developing a product profile, key claims using market insights
- Mobilize the GBTs to develop a Global Launch Plan and ensure development of Local Launch Plans aligned with the global launch strategy
- In partnership with key markets (US, EU5, Japan, China) lead preparation for launch and ensure all elements of the Global Launch Plan are designed and executed with precision and excellence
- Develop global positioning, branding guidelines, core messages and campaign execution tools (including digital/multichannel)
- Lead marketing and medical teams to include a thorough and well-coordinated input into brand strategy and ensure close integration and flawless execution of marketing and medical strategies and tactics in field
- Develop customer/channel marketing strategies to position our products and create value for our company and patients
- Build, lead and manage a team, including development of talent, for a successful launch while operating in compliance with guidelines and regulations
- Develop forecasts for sales and launch expenses leading to global P&L projections and influence local resource allocation/mix to maximize value
- Manage global marketing budget to highest impact opportunities while achieving sales, profit and market share within agreed upon business targets
- Travel up to approximately 35%, typically international.
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, fast-changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, innovative, effective and efficient.
Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and listening skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- BA/BS degree, scientific background preferred
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint and Excel
- 12+ years marketing experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device industries; preferably in competitive market
- Global launch experience
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively across functions, cultures and countries
- Ability to chart a path and get from strategy to execution, successfully and quickly, amidst ambiguity and change
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle numerous issues at the same time
- Strong commercial acumen, marketing capabilities, and strategic/innovative thinking capabilities
- Strong leadership qualities. Ability to influence without direct line authority
- Natural inclination toward action; results-oriented and motivated self-starter
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both with regional and country-based stakeholders
- Global marketing experience, specialty care experience, and Rare Diseases experience are important
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community