Global HCP Marketing Director - Breast Cancer
This role will support launch planning and execution for Sanofi-Genzyme’s future breast cancer indications. Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing, the Marketing Director will be responsible to collaborate across the global brand team to define the expected competitive environment, identify opportunities to positively differentiate in comparison to other treatment options, and define and implement global tactics to support the appropriate communication of unmet needs and how the risk:benefit profile may address those needs.
- Provide strategic direction, prioritize resources and gain support from the cross-functional global brand team (GBT) to ensure successful launch and related commercialization efforts
- Collaborate with key members of the commercial team to establish a vision for the desired customer experience for healthcare professionals based on customer insights
- Develop and implement the global marketing strategy for physicians, nurses, and other HCPs, including defining market opportunities, competitive landscape, buying process, and market maps
- Develop strong relationships with doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals who treat women with breast cancer
- Recommend the optimal channel mix to reach targeted HCP customers
- Partner with Commercial Insights and Analytics to garner the necessary actionable insights to be applied to marketing activities
- Develop and articulate effective communication strategies and tactics for healthcare providers that are executable, easily communicated, and clinically supported
- Lead identification, selection and on-boarding of advertising agency and commercial medical education vendor
- Contribute to the development of all marketing plans including the annual Global Brand Plan in line with the target product positioning, strategies, and goals
- Define and implement specific marketing initiatives in partnership with the GBT, including unbranded initiatives related to disease education and cytogenetic testing as well as branded, promotional campaigns based upon emerging data and real-world evidence
- Establish, implement and maintain "best practices" in brand marketing and supportive functions (e.g. forecasting and market research) across the organization
- Utilize and activate principles of customer segmentation, value proposition, and communication and support LOC pull-through activities
- Ensure market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
- Lead the development, approval, and implementation of marketing tactics, including multi-channel messaging, promotional content, promotional programming, and promotional presence at major medical meetings.
- Execute marketing activities in compliance with medical, regulatory and legal requirements
The ideal candidate will be a strong marketer who demonstrates:
- A results-oriented, highly collaborative, and dedicated focus upon bringing innovative treatment options to patients.
- Has a track record executing brand initiatives in collaboration with key global functions including Market Research, Competitive Intelligence, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Regulatory, Legal, Supply Operations, and Communications.
- Has working knowledge of the regulatory, reimbursement, and promotional guidelines in key markets including U.S., Japan, Germany, France, UK, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Ireland.
- Has experience working in above-country and/or international (e.g. ex-US) roles
- Ability to conceptualize & articulate a vision that energizes all functional areas and stakeholders
Education, Experience, Knowledge And Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 10 years pharma/biotech industry experience and 3-5 years product marketing experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead cross-functional and cross-regional projects, and participate as a team member will be critical to success in the role.
- Thorough understanding of (a) core marketing principles and their application to pharmaceutical products, and (b) the evolving market access landscape / payer requirements globally.
- Proven experience in working with a global agency to deliver key promotional elements
- Knowledge, planning and organizing, building positive working relationships, cultural sensitivity within a global team, ability to make recommendations based on customer need, good negotiation skills and active listening.
- Good understanding of how to produce strategic brand plans and pull through to successful execution, a good working knowledge of clinical development and regulatory affairs processes
- Ability to interpret complex scientific and medical data across multiple assets is essential
- Experience of leading either matrix or functional teams would be an advantage. Ability to drive projects to deliver results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- 20% travel domestic & international
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community