Global Data Governance Lead
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
About the Company:
Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people in over 100 countries at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference on patients’ daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life. As a company with a global vision of drug development and a highly-regarded corporate culture, Sanofi is recognized as one of the best pharmaceutical companies in the world. Details of the organization and the company’s mission and goals can be found on our website (http://www.sanofi.us/l/us/en/index.jsp).
Across R&D, from early research to late development and beyond, frictionless access to a multitude of data is key, ranging from internal target and compound-specific data, experimental in vitro/in vivo data, to data from clinical trials, digital endpoints, external data from electronic health records, RWD/RWE, including well-characterized human data sets etc…. In order to make optimal use of all existing data sources and to turn data into knowledge to support decision making the newly formed “R&D Data Office” group has the ambition to act as a RD Chief Data Office to have the authority to guide the building of the right data processes and infrastructure, jointly with RD ITS and all RD functions Data leaders, to optimize the efficiency of our data management processes and enable an opt frictionless data access through appropriate data pipelines to our internal databases.
All these data need to be available through a simple interface/portal that allows for appropriate aggregation, visualization, and follow-up processing. Thus any data generated or obtained should become reusable to maximize learning and set us up for greater use of analytics and data driven decision making.
In addition, building on our existing governance and data standards, the Digital Data Sciences organization is also aiming at the development of sustainable mechanism for ensuring data are FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable). For this we will need to implement governance for data standards, ownership and access, with a particular focus on internal data generation, access, and quality, and secondary use of clinical data, as well as raw data access from collaborations.
We are looking for a strong leader in R&D Data Office to lead and coordinate data life cycle activities from various data management science disciplines within RD functions.
The responsibilities of “Global Data Governance Lead” will include:
- Act as a Data Domain Owner for Sanofi Pharma R&D, aligning with Sanofi Pasteur teams for consistency. Has decision authority on defining the data sharing and governance practices in RD: what data can be shared with whom, when, in compliance with legal requirements but optimizing the fastest access of relevant data to stakeholders who need it
- Lead the data strategy for R&D data office and drive the hub-spoke operation model across functions
- Works with legal department to define the data privacy compliance requirements and ensure they are optimally implemented
- Represent R&D in the Enterprise Information Management initiative set up and implementation, aimed at transforming the way Sanofi is generating, managing, process information and data across the company
- In-depth knowledge in Data governance functions, processes, technology and deliver the implementation of hub-spoke operational model to drive Sanofi’s transformation to be data driven organization
- Jointly with RD ITS and RD function Data Management heads, define the specifications leading to the development and implementation of knowledge and information management systems that will seek to integrate internal and external data over a wide-range of biological scales, for incorporation into ML and AI platforms including modeling and simulation
- Work in collaboration with business and R&D ITS subject matter experts to:
- Establish enterprise standards on the nomenclature, content and structure of information (structured and unstructured data) and metadata
- Define and govern rules for information and metadata and maintain taxonomy consistency
- Define data governance operational processes (e.g., data quality measurement) in line with policies and standards, clearly articulating roles & responsibilities and establish and disseminate required frameworks, methodologies, tools, standards and templates to be used for Data Governance
- Experience in knowledge graphs manipulation (especially semantic Web technologies, RDF and triple stores) and related back-end, enrichment and visualization tools
- Potential experience in user requirements gathering, knowledge elicitation, elaboration of glossaries, taxonomies or ontologies
- Analyze multidimensional datasets and drives business processes updates to be performed and lead the respective change initiatives
- Drive cross divisional alignment in his/her domain of expertise to ensure a lean Sanofi wide information model enabling executive data driven decision making on a corporate level
- Provide expert guidance on business process and system design to support data governance and information modelling objectives
- Maintain documentation and act as an expert on data definitions, data flows, legacy data structures, access rights models, etc. for assigned domain
- Manage and maintains data modeling methodology already established within Data Governance team
- Evolution of existing canonical data model as outcome of change request and project activities
- Define functional and technical requirements on information standards and metadata management for enabling technologies
- Educate and guide R&D teams on standards and information management principles, methodologies, best practices, etc.
- Collaboratively plan for where, what & how standards, metadata & master & reference data are managed in systems to ensure that information provided meets expected needs of business and uses versions, dictionaries, standards, that are needed to support research and ensure regulatory compliance
- Communicate and lead setting up of business purpose, strategy and on-going iterative approach for the knowledge and information standards activities.
- Facilitate the use, reuse, sharing and exchange of information across Sanofi R&D functions and initiatives.
- Participate in the evaluation of new technologies and innovation projects related to information management
- Actively participate in, follow, and represent Sanofi in external activities related to information and knowledge management
- Bring external learning back to Sanofi for review and incorporation, as appropriate, into Sanofi internal processes and architecture.
- Communicate internally and externally within industry on information management related topics (standards, processes and technology-enablement).
- Keep abreast of industry trends in information management, integration and sharing.
- Manage and evolve current data quality management practice
- Manage and evolve current data integration standards policies and procedures
- Manage maintenance of data lineage and support root cause analysis and impact assessment on data related topics
- Maintain methodology to link process-data-system-role elements within singe semantical model
- Define and maintain KPIs on data governance products and services:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- MS with 7-9 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a strong record of accomplishments and experience in data management, information standards, governance and processes
- Demonstrated leadership experience and demeanor to spearhead strategy and implementation of information standards required to meet discovery and drug development processes.
- A change agent with a combination of business, technology, and diplomatic skills, deep knowledge of drug discovery and development information and processes.
- A deep understanding of the data processes and requirements in one of the main fields of R&D is required (clinical, translational, research, CMC….)
- Extensive modelling experience with standard modelling tools (SPARX EA, Visio...)
- Basic programming skills is a must
- Familiar with knowledge graph and semantic web technologies.
- Good communication skills especially using social media in enterprise
- Familiar with knowledge graph and semantic web technologies
- Good knowledge of cross-industry data standards
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, quality, time management and customer focus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills and superior problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to make decisions and to take responsibility for such.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (team player)
- People management skills either in matrix or direct line function
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community