Global Brand Lead - Rare Blood
Purpose of the Position:
This position will report to the Head of Rare Blood. The Global Product Lead is an active member to the launch team and hereby driving the development and implementation of the global launch plan and global/local marketing strategies for the product. The global product lead’s role is part strategy and part execution and will include several key work-streams which will evolve over time. Work stream areas may include communication strategy, HCP professional or promotional medical education tactics, selling strategy, supply strategy, diagnostics strategy, etc. This person will contribute to ensuring the launch team meets or exceeds launch success and thereafter sales and profit objectives, as well as strategic objectives linked to HCPs, patients and caregivers.
- Internal Contacts
- Commercial Leads / RBD LT at Global, regions and countries, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Marketing departments, project managers & core team members, legal and alliance officers
- External Contacts
- External marketing consultants, key opinion leaders, patient advocacy groups, payers, health authorities, CSO, 3PL
- Lead the Global Brand Team the product
- Input and drive the global commercial launch strategy
- Active member of other global commercialization/launch team
- Translate global business plan into local tactical plans and drive and monitor execution accordingly with medical affairs, supply and commercial field staff (CSO) & appropriate local market access partners
- Responsible for developing -together with Medical Affairs and Market Access Teams- all critical educational materials that allow the local sales/MSL/market access teams to interact with/ educate local KOLs, Regulators, Patient Advocacy and other stakeholders about caplacizumab. This includes the development of printed and electronic promotional material, product training, and relevant clinical papers
- Develop global communication strategy with key focus on MCM solutions to support local MSL and Sales Teams with respective HCP/Patient communications/ interactions
- Act as point of first reference for all product related commercial enquiries and work collaboratively with HQ colleagues in Clinical Research and Regulatory and Medical and Supply/CMC to address any issues that may arise
- Similarly act as point of reference for regional or country commercial teams to assess the response to and suitability of current promotional material and gather local insights to influence the Global strategy
- Define appropriate and optimal patient intimacy/ patient centric treatment solutions allowing to maximize capla treatment compliance
- Define and monitor patient advocacy strategy and tactics
- Monitor product performance and propose appropriate plan to support countries when needed and appropriate
- Design and conduct market research projects to assess patient’s/ stakeholders’ attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions (inhouse- or supported by outside agencies).
- Contribute in product forecasts cycles and constantly monitoring inventory levels held at central and interstate warehouses including liaison with production (locally and globally) to ensure supply timelines.
Skills, Expertise and Contribution:
- Effective communication with all stakeholders involved for the development and commercialization of caplacizumab (internal and external)
- Strong analytical and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience with marketing products in an acute/critical care hospital setting
- US launch experience and knowledge of the US and Global payer landscape
- Proven team player
- Proven track record of professional relationships at different levels (inside and outside the company)
- Knowledge and experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry is required
- Fluency in English
- Ability to travel
- Experience in a highly matrix environment
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives
- Demonstrated skills of strategic thinking and business judgment
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated experience in managing multiple cross functional projects and external vendors required
- Thorough knowledge of scientific information, the ability to interpret and assimilate scientific data, and thought leader development skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to lead, network and function in diverse cross-functional teams.
- Excellent Organizational and Project manager skills required
- Launch experience, globally preferred
- Orphan Drug expertise
- Life science degree
- Expected experience: 12+ years of experience in international biopharmaceutical drug development projects
- PhD and Business degrees preferred
Position is based in Cambridge, MA
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community