Director, Talent Acquisition, R&D and Medical Affairs Job at Human Resources at SanofiPrimary Location Cambridge, MA Job Category Human Resources Requisition Number R465 Date posted 06/20/2017
Director of Talent Acquisition, R&D and Medical Affairs
Position can be based in Bridgewater, NJ or Boston, MA area
As a key member of Sanofiâ€™s Global Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence (CoE), the Director of Talent Acquisition will report directly to the Head of Talent Acquisition, North America, and be responsible for providing leadership of our Talent Acquisition Team for R&D and Medical Affairs. Our Talent Acquisition Team consists of Recruiters and Staffing Coordinators and the Team manages employment practices for all Sanofi entities. The Director of Talent Acquisition will oversee the full life cycle recruitment process while representing internal policies and compliance.
The selected candidate will manage recruitment activities for R&D and Medical Affairs and partner closely with senior business leaders, hiring managers and HR Business Partners. The Director of Talent Acquisition will understand annual headcount planning and provide metrics, utilizing web analytics tools provided by the Global CoE for Talent Acquisition.
In addition to providing oversight and management for the Talent Acquisition Team, the Director will promote and utilize evolving sourcing tools and media strategy set by our Global CoE and TA Operations organization. The Director will provide guidance and empower the team to outline sourcing strategies; strategies which will creatively develop specific approaches to maximize efficiency of hiring. Additionally, our selected candidate will work with our team of Recruiters to continuously develop a pipeline of specific competencies to meet evolving hiring needs and requirements. Prior experience and success managing recruitment professionals, dedicated to full life cycle recruitment activities and best practices, is required.
- Provide onsite strategic leadership to the Talent Acquisition Team
- Manage the planning and execution of all staffing initiatives based on headcount planning, trends of hiring, and special hiring projects and/or expansions when relevant
- Drive the recruitment process for key clients from onset to completion:
- Communicate with business leaders, hiring managers and stakeholders throughout the process to ensure appropriate expectations.
- Deliver results.
- Coach and counsel hiring managers on the full cycle hiring process and develop recruitment strategies that align with the business goals
- Influence Recruiters and Hiring Managers to partner directly, ensuring strategic view and ongoing status of hiring goals
- Responsible for managing Training Plans for Recruiters to enhance recruiter competency; manage performance
- Responsible for overseeing Training Plans for business leaders and hiring managers regarding their role in the full life cycle recruitment process; systems awareness
- Empower Talent Acquisition Team to utilize multiple tools and resources to build and maintain a well-developed candidate pool
- Effectively pre-screen candidates and manage candidate tracking tools for metrics reporting for hiring managers
- Provide counsel to hiring managers when developing offer proposals, utilizing external market data and internal compensation analysis tools
- Follow internal best practice guidelines set forth by our Global CoE and TA Operations organization
- Manage pre-employment screening process, vendor relations, and ensure adjudication guidelines are met and managed to policy
- Manage appropriate agency engagement (Contingency and Retained/Executive Search); follow internal authority and engage with Procurement as appropriate
- Represent Sanofi at Recruitment Events
- Metrics analysis and presentation to R&D and Medical Affairs
- Manage compliance
- Member of the Global Center of Excellence for Talent Acquisition.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited College or University
- 10+ years corporate Recruitment experience
- 5+ years Management experience
- 10+ years of recruitment experience in a high-volume, fast- paced environment.
- Experience strategically sourcing candidates from a variety of sources; managing/driving the full life cycle recruitment process, conducting compensation analysis at the onset of the recruitment process and managing negotiations & closing at the offer stage
- Proficiency in MS office
- Proficiency with web- based recruitment tool(s); experience with Taleo and/or Workday Recruiter a plus
- LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS
Commit to Customers
- Actively works to gain genuine understanding of the customerâ€™s perspective; meet goals
- Strives to build mutually beneficial solutions and partnerships; build strong relationships
- Actively seeks customer feedback to identify opportunities for improvement
- Gain insight to underlying needs.
- Encourage direct partnership between Recruiters and Hiring Managers to ensure the team performs to a level of excellence.
- Understands evolving people and empowering growth of team members
- Learns and provides opportunities for others to learn from experience
- Takes time to listen and provide regular, fact based feedback for development
- Continuously managing to best practices and areas of improvement
- Manage to an evolving, complex and dynamic environment
- Provide a supportive environment for direct reports and outline growth opportunities
- Set clear priorities
- Provides ongoing coaching, support and feedback on progress
- Empowers teams to face challenges make decisions and take action
- Encourages collaboration and communication within and beyond the team
- Motivate, inspire, build, and retain a highly effective team while managing for high performance and developing others. Person will be a versatile learner and courageous decision maker #LI-SA
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.Primary Location Cambridge, MA