Director, Pricing MSOI
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
- Provides strategic advice & counsel to the V&A team on Pricing/Contracting strategy development
- Partner with V&A in the development and recommendation of US launch & in-line, pricing strategies including list & net, across TA specific brands
- Partner with V&A in building contracting strategies with payers and distribution networks across all segments, to align with brand access and product distribution objectives.
- Design and develop pricing models to closely monitor competitive WAC pricing (new competitor launch, WAC update, NDC update) and ASP pricing (for Part B products), and inform matrix teams timely with competitive insights
- Design and develop pricing models to project & evaluate impact of Pricing/Contracting strategies to ASP, AMP, BP, and Gross/Net sales, and make recommendations to adapt where appropriate
- Work cross-functionally with V&A, HEVA and Legal to identify, and assess, non-traditional contract tactics (Value Based, Capitated, Subscription, etc.)
- Facilitates the execution of the Access strategy and Pricing/Contracting strategy with urgency and rigor, in collaboration with the Strategic Pricing & Contracting organization
- Partner with V&A to propose WAC/list price changes keeping NHE policies, transparency requirements, access, global pricing impact, and profitability in mind
- Interface with Trade, Customer service, Finance and Contract Operations to ensure timely implementation of price changes
- Serve as primary interface for V&A to Strategic Pricing, Contracting and Analytics matrix to ensure successful execution of contract changes at the channel/account level
- Support V&A and contracting operations with analytics for bid requests and modeling approaches in the development of bid offers for assigned brands.
- Participate in cross functional discussions (V&A, Account Directors, Contracting, legal), exercising fiduciary responsibility, ensuring account level investments align sound evidence, profitability, in consideration of related gross-to-net line items.
- Partner with V&A team to develop/update the pricing governance guidelines & manage the approvals through US/global committees
- Partner with V&A, List Price, Contracting guidelines and GOA on an as-needed basis, based upon the business needs of the respective brand plan.
- Present pricing and channel strategies at BUPC in preparation of implementation of pricing decisions
- Interact, in partnership with V&A, with global pricing counterparts, ensuring that US pricing strategies are shared to evaluate the impact on global initiatives and/or global pricing
- Ensure the creation and timely upkeep of SOPs for pricing development and operations processes
- Other responsibilities
- Participate in the bottoms-up forecast model during budget cycle
- Work with cross-functional teams to analyze policy and legislative changes on strategy, market performance and profitability
- Partner with US and Global to design the pricing and market access strategies for products in the development phase and life cycle management
- Partner with V&A to manage/triage issues related to customer accessibility by involving relevant parties (e.g. State Medicaid coverage, GPO customer pricing discrepancy, etc.)
- Understand new business, and facilitate its integration into Strategic Pricing & Contracting organization
Professional Skills and Competencies:
- A minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with a minimum of 5 years in a pricing/market access capacity; experience in contract development and negotiation is required
- Understanding of drug pricing, including First Databank and / or Medispan data sources is highly preferred
- Knowledge of AMP, Best Price and ASP pricing dynamics is highly preferred
- Deep understanding of Payor, Specialty Pharmacy and Pharmacy benefit Management stakeholders including Benefit Design and Economics associated with Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare Reimbursement for both oral and IV Oncology products is highly preferred
- Strong presentation and MS Excel skills including experience in developing financial models and the ability to clearly communicate complex modeling results
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative, analytical of scientific area) and an advanced degree (preferably MBA or Health Economics)
- Advanced understanding of the principals of health economics, financial analysis and return on investment
- Applies appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g. peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners), typically senior management
- Analyzes and uses qualitative and quantitative data; extrapolates pertinent trends impacting organizational effectiveness and incorporates understanding into decision criteria
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities, with consideration to highest level of business impact and also maintaining control over multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrates a global view and can develop and incorporate an understanding of the global business objectives, and has awareness of issues and trends that can directly impact the company’s product objectives and strategies
- Understands and utilizes economic, financial, and industrial data to accurately diagnose product strengths and weaknesses, as well as the ability to analyze and act on threats and business opportunities
- Able to act as an articulate advocate for work groups, business units, and the organization. Provides consistent communications (both positive and negative information delivery) and is proactive and timely in the conveyance of this information
- Uses appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives
Education: B.A. or B.S. Degree with concentration in business administration, finance, marketing or engineering is preferred. Advanced Degrees are preferable
- Minimum 10 years of business experience in the pharmaceutical healthcare sector
- Consulting or equivalent experience also considered
Travel: Approximately 15%-25%
Location: Cambridge MA
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community