Director of Respiratory Consumer Marketing
Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care business unit of Sanofi, focuses on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, and immunology. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. Our approach is shaped by our experience developing highly specialized treatments and forging close relationships with physician and patient communities. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, and to providing hope to patients and their families around the world.
Sanofi Genzyme and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status or liability for military status, domestic violence victim status, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Director US Consumer Marketing, Respiratory will be responsible for helping lead the development, execution and measurement of all key marketing strategies and tactics to support the successful launch of Nasal Polyps and the continued efforts around the recent launch of Asthma in October 2018.
Key responsibilities start with developing an intimate and thorough understanding of core patient needs to inform and guide all aspects of patient engagement. This core understanding should be reflected in consumer branded communication campaigns as well as through robust Customer Relationship Management (CRM) activities and other patient support programs. Additionally, the Director will ensure that all key strategies are aligned with HCP and Payer target efforts and broader portfolio priorities.
In addition to prerequisite experience, technical knowledge and skills, the Director must have an ability to collaborate and lead in a complex, hybrid organizational environment. This applies within the US and Global Sanofi commercial & medical structures, as well as across the broader Alliance with our Joint Venture partner, Regeneron.
The Director position reports to the Senior Director, Consumer Marketing, Dupilumab Respiratory.
Job Title: Director, Dupilumab US Respiratory Consumer Marketing
Position Overview/Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Respiratory US Dupilumab Consumer marketing efforts for Asthma and Nasal Polyps
- Competencies and expectations associated with this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Continuous assessment and validation of brand differentiation and reasons to believe
- Work with market research to develop and execute research needed to validate programs, inform investment decisions and ongoing KPI measurement
- Brand positioning and message development
- Branded consumer campaign lead
- Development of consumer in-office support strategy and materials
- Customer segmentation and implementation strategies
- Continuous assessment for alignment with Dupilumab franchise strategy and opportunities to leverage franchise synergies
- Close collaboration with alliance co-promote partners
- Brand lead for the Joint Review Committee (JRC); oversee all JRC meetings and coordinate OPDP submission of launch materials
- Manage advertising agency partner and other vendors to ensure proper execution of objectives
- Support the development and management of the Dupilumab Respiratory marketing budget
- Work effectively within the established corporate and industry compliance guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10+ years’ experience in product/brand management, and/or strategic marketing, commercial / business development with product launch experience in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industries with 3+ years of Consumer Marketing.
- A comprehensive understanding of the key dynamics driving the US health care environment
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate all clinical data / publications to support business objectives
- Specialty or Biologic product launch experience
- Understanding of market research and creative development process
- Experience with the regulatory review/approval process
- Ability to interact widely and effectively both within the company and with co-promote partner (i.e., on an interdepartmental and interdisciplinary basis).
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time
- DTC TV Creative Development & Execution
- Demonstrated ability to understand and anticipate customer needs (internal and/or external)
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to cooperate transversally
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing an advertising agency and related budgets
- Passionate, confident, articulate, and comfortable in a team environment
- Experience in international marketing (non-U.S.) within a complex, global commercial pharmaceutical or biotechnology organization
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to lead in an ambiguous environment across different functions and company cultures
- Strategic thinking and prioritizing capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional groups which may include Marketing, Global Marketing, Sales, Research & Development, Medical Affairs, Business Development, Market Research, Life Cycle Management and Finance
- Ability to think creatively and lead innovative projects
Primary Location: United States- Cambridge, Massachusetts
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community