Director Global Medical Affairs, Colorectal Cancer and Selected Pipeline Products- Cambridge/Massachusetts
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
The Specialty Care Global Business Unit:
In July of 2015, Olivier Brandicourt, MD, CEO of Sanofi implemented a new worldwide organizational structure with the goal of simplifying and optimizing growth for Sanofi. Five new Global Business Units were created: General Medicine & Emerging Markets, Specialty Care, Diabetes & Cardiovascular, Sanofi Pasteur and Merial. Under leadership of David Meeker and now Bill Sibold, the Specialty Care Global Business Unit called Sanofi Genzyme consists of Sanofi’s medicines in Rare Diseases, Multiple Sclerosis, Immunology, and Oncology.
Sanofi Oncology sits within the Specialty Care Global Business Unit, Sanofi Genzyme. At Sanofi Oncology, the passionate focus is on partnership and innovation. These are essential for discovering new agents and new strategies in the fight against cancer. Sanofi Oncology believes strongly in the power of translational medicine, and works internally and externally to strengthen cooperation between all researchers whose work is focused on patients. The company has been successful in searching out the best science, the best companies, to create long-lasting partnerships for the discovery and development of new medicines for treating cancer. Sanofi Oncology strives to accelerate the cycle of innovation through their R&D capabilities and numerous partnerships.
Sanofi is recruiting a new Director/Sr. Director, Global Product Medical Leader to support colorectal cancer products, Zaltrap® and Eloxatin® plus selected products in the Oncology pipeline. Assignment of pipeline products may be influenced by the successful candidate’s past experiences and areas of expertise, but will not include cemiplimab or isatuximab which already have separate Global Medical Affairs Medical Directors. The new Director/Sr. Director will report directly into the Vice President, Global Medical Affairs Oncology.
This position is based in Cambridge, MA, the global headquarters for Sanofi Oncology. It is a highly visible role to all levels within the company due to the optimism for the therapy and the impact it will have on patients. The role functions internally as the product expert to lead the development and execution of the most efficient and integrated global medical/scientific strategy, including scientific evidence generation and scientific information exchange with all key stakeholders. Essential to success is an outstanding partnership with Clinical Development and Commercial to maximize the value proposition. Externally, the role assists health care professionals and payers to optimize patient care and treatment outcomes through evidence-based decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading GMA Oncology activities for Zaltrap® and Eloxatin® plus selected products in the Oncology pipeline.
- Developing and executing a highly efficient, integrated global medical affairs/scientific strategy, including scientific evidence generation and scientific information exchange with all key stakeholders.
- Providing relevant data evidence to ensure that the strategy is clearly defined and consistent with clinical development and commercial strategic objectives and activities for selected products and initiatives.
- Reviewing and approving medical and scientific content of Regulatory, Safety, Scientific Affairs, Medical Affairs, and Commercial.
- Ensuring that all data on Sanofi Oncology products generated by the company or investigator sponsored trials is publicly presented in an appropriate and timely fashion and in a fair and balanced manner.
- Working closely with and influencing clinical development on all aspects, including study design, initiation, and monitoring.
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to local Product Leaders in interactions and communications with external customers, key organizations, and institutions.
- Representing the Regions and bringing their perspectives to the appropriate issues at hand.
- Pro-actively providing guidance to marketing and sales teams.
- Leading the health economic team to prevent and/or address opportunities
- Informing all major stakeholders of unmet needs and facilitating appropriate approaches to address them.
- Identifying needs for post-marketing clinical trials and registries and overseeing their management and execution
- Interacting with experts at medical meetings, advisory boards, and outreach meetings to represent Sanofi and strengthen its reputation in Oncology. Also, maintaining external orientation by participating actively in external Oncology events and activities.
- MD, Board Certification in Medical or Pediatric Oncology.
- Industry experience in Medical Affairs is preferred.
- Sound scientific and clinical judgment, including in-depth understanding of the scientific method and clinical applications based on medical, scientific, and practical rationale.
- In-depth understanding of and proven success in how to conceptualize, design, and conduct complex, global clinical trials.
- Broad and formal leadership experience, including excellent “leadership presence” to represent Medical Affairs within the company, to other functions, and to leaders at every level.
- Excellent skills working with experts from other functions and countries and influencing decision making without authority in a complex and matrix environment.
- High energy and an absolute commitment to a culture that operates with high ethical standards and strives to exceed all goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence while working effectively in a matrix environment.
- Comfort operating in a consensus building role but also able to make specific recommendations and decisions and drive for implementation.
- Ability to inspire confidence, both internally and externally in Sanofi Oncology- leading by example and demonstrating collaborative behavior.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead expert Clinical Research Advisory Panels.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical data results and information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build solid working relationships with the commercial organization, as well as negotiate and influence across cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others
- Excellence in solving problems while exhibiting superior judgment and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues.
- A team player; able to collaborate successfully with both internal and external colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including strong presentation skills.
- The highest personal integrity; committed to ethics and scientific standards.
- High energy and absolute commitment to culture
- Strong analytical skills, comfort managing through ambiguity.
- Understanding and success in dealing with different cultures.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and projects, requiring an excellent ability to prioritize and manage expectations.
- A “lifelong” learner who consistently seeks opportunities to learn.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet