Director External Innovation
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Position Title: Director, Inflammation & Immunology External Innovation
Location: Cambridge, MA
Job Responsibilities/Department Description:
The Global Business Development & Licensing (BD&L) department is part of the Global Strategy & Business Development (S&BD) unit, a Global Enabling Function within the Sanofi Group. The mission of Global BD&L is to seek and execute external growth initiatives to address the Sanofi Group´s strategic priorities. This mission is fully supporting Sanofi´s strategic roadmap, specially aligned with the following strategic priorities: Reshape the portfolio and sustain innovation in R&D.
The key activities of Global BD&L are the search, evaluation, structuring, negotiation and closing of strategic alliances with external companies, involving products and other product-related assets.
The main responsibilities of Global BD&L include:
- Seek and execute external growth and collaboration opportunities in coherence with the Group´s strategy;
- Evaluate the economic interest of external projects maximizing value creation for the Group.
The External Innovation Team within Global Business Development and Licensing is responsible for leading the search and assessment of R&D and commercial opportunities, in alignment with the Sanofi Genzyme Global Business Unit priorities. Sanofi Genzyme is the Specialty Care business unit, responsible for the research, development and commercialization of products across the following therapeutic areas: Rare Disease, Immunology, Oncology, Neuroscience and Rare Blood Disorders.
As a member of the Inflammation & Immunology (I&I) External Innovation team and reporting to the Head of Inflammation& Immunology External Innovation, the individual will participate in identification and partnering of external innovation solutions that meet TA needs to maintain and expand a competitive portfolio of projects or technologies.
Principal Job Duties
- Search and Evaluation: The individual will participate in global external search and evaluation for the Inflammation & Immunology TA. The scope of search is throughout the product life-cycle, with strong emphasis on pre-POC assets. Evaluation activity focuses on assets or technologies that will enter the I&I R&D portfolio and includes execution of CDAs and in-depth technical assessment (pre-due diligence) with R&D and other appropriate stakeholders prior to the formal decision to initiate Due Diligence by the Business Development & Licensing Due Diligence group.
- Active deal projects: The individual will (i) identify and propose attractive deal opportunities, (ii) ensure high quality project leadership and management from project initiation to Therapeutic Area Review Committee (TARC), and to final transaction for early stage projects and technologies (iii) manage the overall interface to corporate level governance (TARC, Research Working Group (RWG) and Development Working Group (DWG)) (iv) align resources and decision making throughout the deal process in collaboration with Business Development transactions colleagues and (v) provide input/guidance to optimal scientific deal structures and inflection points, minimizing contractual risk.
- PhD and/or MD degree(s) in Immunology or a closely related field.
- Extensive scientific experience, preferably obtained through >7 year experience in multiple functions in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry. Outstanding scientific excellence in Inflammation & Immunology demonstrated by strong publication record, discovery and early clinical development expertise is strongly preferred.
- Experience in search & evaluation, business development, alliance management, academic technology transfer process is highly desirable.
- Evidence of organizational and project management skills.
- Deep commitment and high performance demonstrated in all aspects of work.
- Fluency in English, orally and in writing.
The ideal candidate has deep experience and knowledge of global drug discovery and early development activities, with an excellent understanding of all aspects of preclinical drug discovery
- Must have in-depth knowledge in Inflammation & Immunology drug discovery and development.
- Ideally, particularly in the absence of deep therapeutic knowledge, should have multi-year successful track record in external R&D, search & evaluation, partnering and/or business development. Excellent track record of identifying, implementing and managing novel partnering opportunities.
- Strategic thinking in combination with understanding science and technologies and their impact on the overall business.
- Excellent networking ability in cross-cultural environment inside and outside Sanofi. Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills across all levels of the organization and with external parties.
- Performance- and achievement–oriented with excellent project management skills; able to work to agreed timelines and a focus on execution and implementation.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills. Result and quality oriented: able to analyze inputs from all involved departments, to identify the impact, draw conclusions, to set direction and define appropriate actions.
- Ability to represent the company in external scientific/academic world and to act as an ambassador for Sanofi at scientific conferences.
- Willingness to travel nationally/internationally as needed.
The position is based in the Cambridge, MA with availability to travel as required for interaction with external groups and companies, internal teams and stakeholders.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet