Director, Corporate Communications for Oncology
Director of U.S. Communications for Oncology
Sanofi is seeking a strategic, motivated and experienced communications professional for the position of Director, U.S. Communications. This position will be responsible for planning and managing external and internal communications for the U.S. franchise for Oncology and Transplant, both current and future brands. The position will report to the Head of U.S. Communications for the Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology and Immunology (MSOI) business unit, and will be based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage comprehensive communication strategies internally and externally to support the business units brand priorities, including partnering with global media relations to ensure aligned messaging and positioning
- Develop and implement internal engagement plans for the Oncology franchise head to effectively engage with internal teams/stakeholders.
- Provide strategic leadership in the creation and implementation of impactful communication programs, internally and externally, across brand areas. This may include disease awareness/brand integration programs; branded communication activity; digital communications; mew product entries
- Good working knowledge of the overall digital and social media landscape with the ability to deliver innovative approaches and plans within this growing and important space.
- Direct and deliver effective executive communications and thought leadership.
- Manage public relations agencies.
- Liaise and partner with U.S. and global External Affairs colleagues
- Experience in pharmaceutical product areas, oncology and a plus
- Strong ability to work effectively across functions and levels and business units; proven collaborator
- Ability to counsel and interface successfully with senior executives and communications peers
- Ability to research, develop, deliver and measure communications strategies and plans with a goal of showcasing communications successes to internal and external audiences
- Expertise in communications concepts, practices, strategies and tactics based on understanding of key audiences and corporate objectives
- Proactive, self-starter and able to work independently and in team environment
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact with confidence with various levels and functions
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Administration or Journalism
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders
- Strong issues management capabilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Pharmaceutical product PR communications background
- Experience in internal and external communications
- Ability to collaborate in a heavy matrix environment
- 8-10 years of corporate communications experience in the pharmaceutical area
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community