Director, Commercial Training - Dermatology & Respiratory
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Sanofi Genzyme is seeking a Director, Commercial Training – Dermatology & Respiratory responsible for the development and execution of a strategic and tactical learning program supporting the atopic dermatitis and respiratory therapeutic areas. This Director of Commercial Training will support a learning program to reinforce the competencies and enhance capabilities required to drive brand objectives established by Commercial Leadership, including new hire curricula, new product launch planning, account planning, selling skills and manager coaching and effectiveness. The role requires a high level of collaboration with Sales leadership, Brand teams, Medical, Legal, Compliance and the alliance co-promotion partner. A proactive approach is necessary to refine and build learning resources.
Candidates must enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment. Excellent interpersonal skills, conflict management and negotiation experience, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Work with brand team and sales leadership to establish training objectives and initiatives that translate strategy into actionable, goal-oriented behavior by Commercial Field Teams.
- Partner and strategize with alliance partner to assess and determine field needs for continuing education
- Proactively assess knowledge gaps within field teams and in collaboration with appropriate colleagues, work to address gaps through training initiatives and programs.
- Continuously evaluate and measure the effectiveness of current training programs and identify, as necessary, improvements that serve to sustain and improve comprehension, application and competence.
- In collaboration with sales, marketing, regulatory, legal and compliance to implement and direct the development of training workshops to support the National and regional POA Sales Meetings.
- Design new hire and advanced training phased learning across onboarding, home study curriculums, live training programs, POA Meetings, and National Sales Meetings.
- Identify, develop and implement advanced learning programs focused on core Competencies, selling skills and account planning that serve to improve the effectiveness of field teams.
- Collaborate with the Directors of Commercial Training supporting the other Sanofi Genzyme Tas such as MS, ONC, Rheumatology, Rare Diseases and Rare Blood Disorders in order to share best practices and learnings and collaborate on cross-TA initiatives
- Effectively work in a SmartSpend environment in order to reach efficiency targets, harmonize vendors, leverage existing content and clearly articulating the need for new content / vendors
- Maintain a practical and current knowledge of effective adult learning principles, immersion learning and training technologies and recommend appropriate updates to tactics as necessary.
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of highly engaged training professionals.
- Responsible for ensuring all training materials conform to appropriate regulatory, medical, and legal compliance guidance.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 8 years in a leading pharmaceutical / biotech sales and/or Sales Training roles
- Experience with life sciences regulations and process
- Veeva/Salesforce.com experience
- Proven leadership, analytical and communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Ability to travel
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community