Data Engineering Expert- Snowflake
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."Shannon Resetich US Head Rare Diseases & Blood Disorders
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical Rare Blood Disorders
We are an innovative global healthcare company, driven by one purpose: we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. Our team, across some 100 countries, is dedicated to transforming the practice of medicine by working to turn the impossible into the possible. We provide potentially life-changing treatment options and life-saving vaccine protection to millions of people globally, while putting sustainability and social responsibility at the center of our ambitions.
Sanofi has recently embarked into a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions, to accelerate R&D, manufacturing and commercial performance and bring better drugs and vaccines to patients faster, to improve health and save lives.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Snowflake COE team in the data architecture operation and governance organization to build and operationalize data foundation platforms necessary for the enterprise data and analytics and insights initiatives, following industry standard practices and tools. The bulk of the work would be in building, managing, and optimizing data pipelines and then moving them effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers like business/data analysts, data scientists or any persona that needs curated data for data and analytics use cases across the enterprise. In addition, guarantee compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving, and operationalizing these integrated and reusable data pipelines.
- Lead architecture, technical design, administration, security and evolution of Snowflake platform and services
- Enable new analytics database capabilities as part of the Snowflake COE
- Contribute to the Snowflake platform best practices in support of digital projects
- Promote best practices on Snowflake and data sharing to Digital project teams
- Support the Data modules engineers for designing optimized data model and database schema
- Develop and refine Snowflake platform reporting solution to optimize the running costs
- Must work with business team to understand requirements, and translate them into technical needs
- Gather and organize large and complex data assets, perform relevant analysis
- Ensure the quality of the data in coordination with Data Analysts and Data Scientists (peer validation)
- Work in transverse with Cloud & Data architects, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Development teams and External Partners
- Support operations with the appropriate mindset-oriented Operation Excellence
- Enforce compliance requirements of the solution in regards of GxP regulation
- Insure level 3 support of the data platforms in operation
- Remains up to date on company’s standards, industry practices and emerging technologies
Key Functional Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional teams
- Good understanding of agile/scrum development processes and concepts
- Able to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and manage multiple priorities
- Pragmatic and capable of solving complex issues
- Service-oriented, flexible team player
- Attention to detail & technical intuition
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills for executive level communication and collaboration
- Fluent in English (Other languages a plus)
Key Technical Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Snowflake certified
- Relevant cloud certifications (AWS, Azure) are a plus
- Experience with Snowflake is a must have (data sharing, security and stream implementation)
- Experience with AWS cloud services (Azure & GCP a plus)
- 5 years experiences with other RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata
- 5 years experiences working with data models, ETL/ELT, data warehouse and query tuning
- Strong experience in deployment of cloud databases, hosting platforms, storage and migration services such as AWS SCT and DMS
- Strong experience in automation tools and methodologies specifically using Gitlab, Github action, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, JSON, YAML, Shell Scripting, SQL
- Experience with Project Management Tools (JIRA, Confluence a plus)
- Good knowledge of ServiceNow and monitoring tool such as Splunk
- Experience on working within compliance (e.g.: quality, regulatory - data privacy, GxP, SOX) and cybersecurity requirements is a plus
- 5+ years experiences in a data team as Data Engineer or data warehouse DBA
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up for our talent community to receive updates about new opportunities.Sign Up