Consumer Experience Research Lead
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Toronto, Canada, Gentilly, France
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"One of the best things about Sanofi Genzyme is the consistently fun and dynamic work environment that I get to be a part of."Kristin Ouimet Regional Business Manager
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."Shannon Resetich US Head Rare Diseases & Blood Disorders
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical Rare Blood Disorders
Consumer Experience Research Lead
The Consumer Experience (CX) Research Lead’s work will focus on identifying opportunities to improve the customer’s experience. The CX Research Lead will conduct research, present findings, and make recommendations to ensure that product decisions and priorities are aligned with customer needs and wants.
This role is part of a new Consumer Experience team that was established to promote human-centered design and execute digital-focused projects internally for customers (HCPs, patients) and employees. Projects will involve a mix of deep customer understanding research to inform the product/solution strategy and usability testing research to inform design development and execution.
The CX Research Lead will have a solid understanding of the human-centered design process and significant experience in scoping research projects, selecting appropriate methodologies, managing research vendors, building insight frameworks, presenting insights to stakeholders. The CX Research Lead will also be experienced at working closely with design/development teams.
As the Consumer Experience team is still building out each discipline, the ideal candidate will have an agile, action-oriented attitude and not be afraid to be hands-on with research efforts, some of which will be fully executed internally.
- Lead the design and execution of research studies that follow research best practices and methodologies
- Partner with product owners, functional leads, and stakeholders to clarify project goals and identify areas where customer research can provide greater insight
- Partner with the CX strategy and design team leads to develop a research roadmap/strategy and project brief that accurately estimates the scope and level of effort required for projects; integrates it within the design planning, estimation, and prioritization process
- Select and manage research vendors to ensure that study participants and research findings meet CX team and stakeholder expectations
- Lead the creation of customer journeys, insight frameworks, and user personas which synthesize data and findings, helping the team arrive at a shared understanding of the customer needs.
- Passionately advocate for customer needs, insights, market trends, etc. that need to be considered and incorporated into the experience and design strategy
- Present research findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner.
- Identify or develop immersive and interactive methods for helping stakeholders and the CX strategy/design teams understand the needs and experiences of customers.
- Ensure all research study results are actionable and contribute directly towards meeting project and business goals in pragmatic approach
- Be an influential leader who champions and advocates for the customer (HCPs, patients, employees, etc.) on projects and across the business; not be afraid to speak up when you see the customer’s needs and preferences being ignored
- Evangelize and exemplify user research best practices for the entire organization
- Contribute to the CX team’s vision by identifying areas of opportunity or improvement
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in design, HCI, or related field. Master’s degree in relevant field a plus.
- 10+ years of CX or UX research is a must, preferably with a mix of experience in consulting and large corporate environments is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in the design of digital devices, software, or solutions/applications
- Mastery and advanced knowledge of design principles, usability principles, and UX research methods (quantitative and qualitative) and the ability to guide teams to apply research findings/insights within the product development process
- Previous experience implementing a human-centered design methodology in product development
- Experience applying design thinking in ambiguous situations and on a variety of digital and non-digital projects
- Excellent teamwork skills, and the ability to lead, influence, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially as they relate to presenting and defending research and design decisions; can flex and adapt to audiences (stakeholders and partners) at all levels and sizes
- Familiarity with pharma or digital health is a plus, but not required
- Research work samples that demonstrate the best practice in user research, methodology, and insight framework generation is a must to be considered for this position
- Agility, decisiveness, resilience, transparent communications, and openness with strong attention to details
- You bring the ability to and a passion for leading cultural shifts in organizations, especially when it relates to digital transformation and human-centered design.
- You are a vibrant and engaging storyteller with strong business communication and presentation skills.
- You have an intellectual curiosity that inspires others around you.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community