Compensation Director - Commercial
Based in Cambridge, MA, the incumbent will be responsible for providing strategic consultation and compensation support to Sanofi’s US commercial entities while also acting as the primary compensation support for the Sanofi Genzyme business globally. As a key member of Sanofi’s North American Compensation COE, the incumbent will be instrumental in providing local market insights that will inform the company’s global compensation strategy.
- Partner with the business and HR to develop and implement compensation strategy and tactics to support business operations. Provide insight and guidance on market practice and trends in order to shape and guide compensation related decisions. Requires close cooperation with HR Leadership and through HR Leadership, Business Leadership, to understand compensation/total reward challenges and propose creative and responsible solutions (requires deep understanding of hot skill sets, labor market dynamics, business challenges, etc.)
- Serves as compensation leader for Functional Area, providing support to business and HR to execute corporate compensation programs and processes (annual planning process, global grading) and to ensure that broader alignment across region and global Functional Areas within scope. Provides effective transfer of knowledge to business and HR on global and local compensation programs and processes.
- Ensures the company has strong competitive information by participating in standard and ad-hoc compensation surveys, and by representing the company at various industry related events.
- Partners closely across the Compensation COE (NA and Globally) to influence regional/ global strategy and to drive global compensation programs.
- Demonstrates highest professional ethics and professionalism in role
- Demonstrates role specific LEAD Competencies and Company Values on consistent basis
- Performs related duties as requested
Master’s Degree in HR Management/ Business or related field or Bachelor’s Degree with requisite experience
Minimum of 10 years of progressive compensation related development. Pharmaceutical Industry experience desirable
Expert technical skills in the following aspects of compensation required; Excel, Power Point, Word (Access Database knowledge a plus), market pricing, total rewards understanding, job classification, base salary administration, salary data analysis, interpretation and recommendations, short-term incentives, long-term incentives. Expert ability to access data from existing compensation module of HRIS system and external survey provider databases. Sales compensation and employee recognition experience preferred
Job Specific Competencies:
Strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills, persuasive skills. Team player, strong emotional quotient, takes responsibility, professional, ability to effectively transfer knowledge to others, ability to develop others and self, accepts and embraces change
Ability to demonstrate required commitment to role. Ability to work in high stress environment. Adaptability and flexibility required
World at Work Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community