Associate Director, Strategic Pricing MSOI
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
Who is Sanofi?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
- Partner with Value and Access (payer marketing) in the development, recommendation and implementation of US launch and in-line, list and net pricing strategies.
- Work cross functionally with Value and Access, HEOR and legal to identify, assess and implement innovative pricing strategies (Value Based, Capitated, Subscription, etc.,)
- Design and develop pricing models to evaluate impact pre- and post launch strategies including impact to ASP, AMP and best price through defined performance measurement techniques and make recommendations to adapt, where appropriate
- Model impact of life cycle pricing strategies - Model impact of legislative measures on revenue
- Serve as primary interface for Value and Access to Strategic Pricing, Contracting and Analytics matrix to ensure successful implementation of all list and net pricing actions
- Participate in cross functional negotiations (Value and Access, Market Access Sales, Contract Development) exercising fiduciary responsibility, ensuring account level investments are aligned to brand strategy, based upon sound evidence, profitability, in consideration of related gross-to-net investments
- Create, in partnership with Value and Access, List Price, Contracting Strategy Summary and Grants of Authority on an annual basis, aligned to the brand planning cycle, to serve as the basis of approval for the coming year
- Interact with international counterparts, ensuring that US launch strategies are linked to global efforts.
- Direct presentation of pricing strategies before Business Unit Pricing Committee in preparation of requisite financial documentation for implementation of pricing decisions.
- Work with cross-functional teams to inform bottoms-up forecast model; inform budget cycle on strategic considerations and financial impact.
- Partner with US and Global Headquarters to design the pricing and market access strategies for products in the development phase.
- Develop terms of engagement and interaction with counterparts in the Market Research, Finance, Forecasting, Account Management, and Competitive Intelligence areas and across other relevant functions.
- Create and provide senior management with relevant pricing and reimbursement information, support and recommendations.
- Ensure the creation and timely upkeep of Standard Operating Procedures for pricing development and operations processes.
- Demonstrate role specific competencies on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrate company Values on a consistent basis.
Professional Skills and Competencies:
- A minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with a minimum of 3 years in a pricing capacity; experience in contract development and negotiation is required
- Understanding of drug pricing, including First Databank and / or Medispan data sources is highly preferred
- Knowledge of AMP, Best Price and ASP pricing dynamics is highly preferred
- Strong presentation and MS Excel skills including experience in developing financial models and ability to clearly communicate complex modeling results
- The candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative, analytical or scientific area)
- 7 + years’ experience in the US pharmaceutical industry including, preferably experience in pricing or health outcomes
- Advanced understanding of the principals of health economics, financial analysis and return on investment
- Applies appropriate interpersonal styles and communications methods to influence and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g. peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners) typically senior management.
- Analyzes and uses qualitative and quantitative data; extrapolates pertinent trends impacting organizational effectiveness and incorporates understanding into decision criteria.
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities, with consideration to highest level of business impact and also maintaining control over multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrates a global view and can develop and incorporate an understanding of the global business objectives, and has awareness of issues and trends that can directly impact the company’s product objectives and strategies.
- Understands and utilizes economic, financial, and industrial data to accurately diagnose product strengths and weaknesses, as well as able to analyze and act on threats and business opportunities.
- Able to act as an articulate advocate for work group, business unit, and the organization. Provides consistent communications (both positive and negative information delivery) and is proactive and timely in the conveyance of this information.
- Uses appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives.
Education: B.A. or B.S. Degree with concentration in business administration, finance, marketing or engineering is preferred. Advanced Degrees are preferable
- Minimum 7 years of business experience in the pharmaceutical healthcare sector
- Consulting or equivalent experience also considered
Travel: Approximately 10% - 20%
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet