Director Sanofi Genzyme Transactions, Cambridge, MA
- Support BD&L function to prioritize, negotiate and close key deals with external companies of strategic and financial significance. Assist with determining appropriate candidates to pursue based on analysis, builds presentations and make recommendations to executive leadership.
- Manage execution of transactions and agreements across therapeutic areas and across drug development value chain (discovery, pre-clinical, Phase 1-3, and commercial products) for collaborations, in-licensing, co-development/commercialization, sales promotions and mergers & acquisitions, including managing negotiations directly or with a senior BD&L colleague.
- Draw on central teams for due diligence support as needed.
- Engage throughout all phases of business development and licensing activities within therapeutic areas.
- Coordinate transactions supporting business case development, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence, deal structuring and negotiation to deliver executed deals.
- Manage business relationships and counsel business partners, internally and externally, on transaction and strategic issues
- Lead executed deal transition, including post-mortem analysis and formal meeting, to transition each deal to business owners, sponsor and alliance management as needed.
- Apply business insight and industry knowledge to strengthen and expand portfolio of products. Maintain close relationship and coordination with BD&L colleagues and with internal stakeholders globally and regionally.
- Present opportunities and make recommendations to executive management for optimal strategic and investment decision-making.
- Promote cross-functional collaboration within BD&L, especially with therapeutic area business development and external innovation leads, as well as with internal business partners (R&D, Commercial, Finance, Legal, Patent, Manufacturing, etc.) to establish and maintain necessary governance, processes, corporate priorities and guidelines. Maintain awareness and knowledge of business ecosystem including understanding of trends, companies and key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with wide array of industry participants including key executives and management teams of biopharma companies, venture capitalists and investment bankers. Represent the company at industry and partnering conferences as needed.
- BA or BS required, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 4 or more years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience (either in a company or as a consultant) working cross-functionally with scientific, finance and/or commercial team members including demonstrated exposure to R&D and/or commercial areas.
- 2 or more year(s) of experience involving planning and project management & making presentations and developing business cases.
- 2 or more year(s) of experience in a business development and licensing role desired, with appropriate deal list of transactions.
- Experience directing cross-functional groups to accomplish corporate goals.
- Commercial or analytical background in business development, life science banking, and/or marketing or equivalent preferred
- Experience working with within a broad and diverse team
- Deep understanding of the drug development, approval, and commercialization process
- Cross-functional non-sales experience (Legal, Marketing, R&D, etc.) desired
- Demonstrated success in interacting directly with scientific, marketing and other senior management executives from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
- Experience working in a matrix environment with track record of accountability and execution
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Gains commitment from team members and other colleagues to act on strategies, plans and goals.
- Organizational Effectiveness– ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to provide best possible financial plans and drive impactful analytical projects.
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner.
- Ownership Attitude – ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a rapidly changing global environment while flexible enough to adapt to Global differences in work style and culture.
- Teamwork – ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment with colleagues who work in international locations and with outside partners, companies and investors.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20-30% of the time to Sanofi companies and external partner sites, as well as to industry conferences, for an average of one to two times per month and approximately 2-3 days per trip
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community