Associate Director New Product Planning Global Rare Diseases
The Associate Director of NPP for Rare Diseases provides strategic thinking and analytical support to lead (1) early commercial activities and strategic marketing, (2) BD (and M&A) opportunity assessment and commercial due diligence, and (3) activities in identification of future market opportunities, review and prioritization of the franchise portfolio in supporting disease area strategy development and reshaping
- Manages multiple highly complex assessments and full commercial perspectives on a global basis, coordinating input from across the organization
- Drive intelligence, analyses & insights to contribute to TPP and initial product positioning decision (integrating regional insights)
- Define value proposition, commercial opportunities & key value drivers
- Define go-to market strategy and resulting commercial requirements for the Ph2/Ph3 plans (including LCM opportunities)
- Develop and update strategic forecasts and sensitivity analysis
- Through commercial leadership of GPTs (global project teams) for product candidates in early clinical development, ensure the commercial perspective regarding development strategy is well articulated and agreed by the relevant parties including clinical research and regulatory affairs
- Perform commercial assessments for opportunities identified by BD (ad hoc, usually required with short deadline)
- Contribute to the prioritization initiative, gathering and consolidating the needs from Therapeutic Areas and integrating with RD BU strategic priorities, and making recommendations
- Manage or plan external KOLs and advisory board as necessary/needed
- Responsible for external consulting RFP and managing consulting project from inception to completion
The ideal candidate needs to have the ability to drive results and be able to influence leaders and stakeholders across different functions, and as well strong project management skills working with cross-functional teams and individuals
- BS/BA degree in business, life sciences, or related discipline; advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA, MS, PhD)
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant commercial experience in biopharmaceutical industry or consulting; scientific research or clinical development experience would be a plus but not required
- Outstanding strategic planning and analytical skills including market/commercial assumption development and forecasting
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize data and deliver a clear overview of commercial strategy, opportunity and risks for the management
- Highly skilled in influencing cross-functional teams, including interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders and with R&D, commercial and BD teams
- Ability to synthesize findings and clearly articulate implications from multiple sources of information, including primary and secondary market research and data, and to formulate strong, supportable recommendations
- Good knowledge of global markets in terms of pricing and access environments, regulatory pathways and other factors that may impact a product's approval and uptake
- Accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment, fostering open communication, mutual understanding and cooperation.
- Proven ability to be productive and successful in a fast-paced work environment including managing multiple competing priorities
- Sanofi US is only considering candidates who are currently legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community