Associate Director - Medical Learning, Oncology
The Associate Director of Medical Learning, Oncology will be accountable for the creation of training programs for new Oncology Medical hires and experienced personnel worldwide, and in collaboration with the regional and functional teams. The Associate Director of Medical Learning will deliver and facilitate training for the organization, as well as organizing and delegating the implementation of programs, processes, and improvements, and interfacing with managers at all levels across various functions within the company to ensure that Oncology training activities anticipate and meet internal and external needs and are structured to produce effective Medical strategies.
Primary responsibilities will include creating, delivering and coordinating new hire onboarding training, congress training, and advanced training. This role will serve as a leader and facilitator for training provided at global meetings, and will have responsibility for contributing to documentation related to global medical training. The role will also take a lead in developing new virtual trainings and e-learnings, as well as converting existing content into digital formats.
- Manage multiple curricula, resources and work in close collaboration with other training functions (MSL, sales trainers, Regional Learning leads) to ensure best in class training program in place for onboarding for Medical
- Work with management and vendors to manage training projects and content development. The candidate will also be responsible for developing new learning approaches to current business needs, including interactive workshops, distance learning, blended approaches, and virtual learning.
- Contribute to the development of the Global Oncology learning strategy
- In collaboration with the Regional Learning Leads, support implementation at a global and regional level and ensure consistent and comprehensive training provided to the Oncology Medical team on an ongoing basis
- Continually provide feedback and input on ways to improve training programs, structure and resources, and to proactively analyze, assess and report the impact of the Medical Learning and Capabilities Development programs
- This role includes responsibility of interfacing with legal and compliance functions in order to implement and refine, as needed, policies and procedures pertaining to internal training
- Travel time will include involvement at training and other global Medical meetings
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a life science subject
- 5 + years relevant pharma/biotech industry experience
- Training or Teaching-Related Experience, including experience with distance learning and Learning Management Systems
- Vendor management experience
- Experience in an oncology clinical environment preferred.
- Advanced degree
- Medical background or Oncology disease state experience
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Exceptional facilitation skills, and the ability to stand and deliver training as well as coordinate outside resources
- Strong computer skills, including tools such as Articulate, Captivate etc.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience writing assessment questions preferred
Approximately 20% travel required.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community