Associate Director, Internal Communications
The Associate Director of Internal Communications is responsible for the internal communications strategy, processes, plans, content, and execution for Sanofi’s business units and functions such as R&D and Rare Diseases in the United States (US). Fostering internal engagement efforts that reinforce Sanofi’s business objectives and commitment to public health while building employees’ sense of pride and understanding of their contribution to Sanofi is critical to the role.
This individual will report to the Head of Internal and Digital Communications and will collaborate with Sanofi External Communications and business leaders on news and programs impacting the company. This position requires a strategic communicator with a generalist background and experience in various communications disciplines to support the company’s operations and diverse functions.
The Associate Director, Internal Communications needs to have a passion for innovation and a comfort-level with operating and driving initiatives within complex, matrix organizations, focusing on change management, employee engagement and content management. A “storyteller,” this person must be able to creatively weave business objectives and news into the fabric of the corporate narrative and internal campaigns, so employees emotionally connect to “big picture” priorities as they relate to their role. The manager must implement an integrated, surround-sound approach, be willing to test new communications channels, and have the technical knowledge to post content and images on multiple platforms. This role will be based out of Cambridge, MA.
- Collaborate and partner with US Business Unit and R&D Communications leaders on creation and execution of internal communications strategies to enhance engagement with 14,000+ employees
- Develop out-of-the-box ways to excite, engage and inform US employees with a narrative that aligns with corporate objectives
- Lead priority communications, change communications and issues management activities, helping to drive cultural change and understanding
- Maintain, enhance and publish on all internal channels employees use
- Ideate and craft social media and digital strategies/content to compliment various internal and external initiatives
- Work with executive leaders in preparing for internal events and town halls
- Manage site communications and events for the Cambridge campus that sync with other US sites/initiatives
- Maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional internal and external partners (e.g., Legal, Marketing, Research & Development, Sales, Digital, Social, Facilities, Information Technology, etc.)
- Exhibit sound judgement and common sense by effectively counseling business leaders by listening, understanding and providing credible expertise, relevant insights and transparent feedback
- Participate in selection of communications agency and vendors and manage their support of Sanofi initiatives, including budgets
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- Proven ability to develop effective external and internal communications with channel strategies that include: social media, videos, corporate Intranets, email, chat, physical space, and community events
- Between 5-8 years of experience in corporate communications and a public relations agency environment is required
- Between 3-5 years of writing and copywriting experience for a variety of digital and traditional channels is required
- A minimum of 2 years of social media experience is required
- At least 2-4 years of strategic and creative experience developing communications campaigns requiring visuals, graphics and multimedia using a variety of digital platforms (Photoshop, SharePoint, Yammer, Canva, Spredfast, Dynamic Signal, PoliteMail, HootSuite, etc.) is required
- Proven ability to develop successful working relationships with senior executives is required
- Proven ability to operate with a global mindset, with knowledge and appreciation of global, regional and local differences is required
- Ability to think creatively, offer solutions, and multi-task on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Expert judgment in critical decision-making on issues impacting reputation is required
- Experience driving change management communications is required
- A self-starter who can deliver amazing results with minimal direction
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community