Associate Director Global Scientific Communications(Oncology)
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Associate Director of Global Scientific Communications-(Oncology) This position is a vital member of the Global Medical Affairs team who will oversee the development and execution of scientific communications strategies and plans in Oncology, world-wide. This highly visible role will engage key thought leaders in Oncology, while collaborating cross-functionally with Project teams, Regions, Clinical Development, and the broader Medical Affairs team, in the oversight of medical activities for a launch product for Sanofi Oncology., The Associate Director, Medical Communications manages the development of the communications strategy and clinically focused communications including core slide decks, evidence-based scientific platform, disease awareness videos as well as supporting medical affairs advisory board’s strategy and content. Involvement with publication’s development may include reviewing manuscript drafts and collaborating with the therapy area publications lead to align the strategy on data dissemination.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Become a subject matter expert and internal liaison for Oncology
- Lead and manage the execution of the global medical communication and/or publication plan strategies for Oncology, including presence at scientific congresses, with an understanding of how these activities support the overall Medical Affairs and Brand strategy
- Lead and manage the development and execution of key global medical education programs to fill learning gaps that are identified through the medical affairs annual plan. Tactics may include live meetings (ie, satellite symposia) or online programs
- Generate Annual Medical Communications and Publications plans in conjunction with the Project teams based on scientific and unmet medical needs
- Understand and follow the various compliance policies in place for global and US publications and medical education activities
- Continuously surveying the medical and scientific literature for the identification of relevant publications. Leading development of monthly literature updates and annotated summaries of key articles
- Managing external vendors/medical agencies assisting with medical content planning and execution and managing budgets
- Supporting development of medical/scientific content for scientific exchange, advisory boards and training
- Ensuring delivery of high-quality, fair-balanced, scientifically/clinically accurate medical communications deliverables in accordance with established timelines, compliance guidelines/policies, and budgets
- Leading the creation of annual and long-range global medical communications plans and budgets
- Overseeing internal and external medical communication related to congress activities
- Doctoral level degree (Ph.D., Pharm.D., or M.D.) in life sciences with minimum of 5 years bio-pharmaceutical industry experience within Medical or Clinical Affairs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to understand and effectively communicate complex scientific and clinical data to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in Medical Communications and/or Publications Management
- Clinical knowledge in Oncology
- Ability to collaborate and build solid working relationships cross-functionally
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, thinks critically, and adheres to deadlines.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of applicable guidelines including ICMJE, ACCME, OIG, PhRMA, GPP & GCP
- Result- and customer-focused
- Highly committed and flexible working attitude
- Ability to understand, critically analyze, and summarize complex scientific and medical data and understand risk taking approach with regard to claims.
- Critical thinking – ability to challenge the status quo.
- Experience working in a complex organization and the ability to operate in a matrix, team oriented structure
- Demonstrate track record in building and maintaining a network of internal and external experts, experience in working across and building effective partnerships
- Experience in supervising and managing medical writing tasks and tools, including electronic tools, including subcontracting medical writing tasks
Reporting to: Head, Scientific Communications Oncology
Location: Cambridge, MA
Travel: Approximately 20% travel required
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
- Director, Global Regulatory Team Lead, Oncology Cambridge, Massachusetts, Bridgewater, New Jersey 05/17/2019
- Director, New Product Planning – Rare Blood Disorders Boston, Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts 05/15/2019
- Associate Director Forecasting US Rare Diseases Cambridge, Massachusetts 05/18/2019
- Patient Education Liaison, Midwest Region Cambridge, Massachusetts 05/08/2019
- Manager Systems & Reporting – Promotional Programs Cambridge, Massachusetts 05/16/2019
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet