Associate Director Biostatistics
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Associate Director, Biostatistics
Provide leadership and guidance as the lead statistician on a project team or within a therapeutic area in Neuroscience. For one or more projects, be accountable for all statistical aspects of clinical studies and submissions, including quality, relevance to regulatory perspective, and scientific validity. Act as key statistical consultant within company. Responsible for project staffing, resource planning and allocation within therapeutic area(s). May have regional or global management responsibility.
In some cases incumbent could serve as department leader in specific technical area.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee statistical support to multiple project teams. Collaborate with clinical and regulatory leads in defining general strategic approach, creating clinical development plans (CDP), and producing individual protocols. Work independently, or with other statistical departmental members or consultants, to develop effective statistical approaches applicable to project.
2. Oversee execution of statistical analyses, preparation of the statistical methods and results sections for clinical study reports (CSR), and production of overall summaries. Review and approve key results memos and statistical conclusions. Provide guidance to the clinical and regulatory teams regarding conclusions and inferences from the data package. Ensure statistical representation at regulatory or other external meetings. Completed data package relevant for submission or making key decisions. Statistical deliverables consistently compliant, in timing and quality, with SOPs and departmental standards.
3. Provide general guidance on definition and documentation of key derived variables needed to support production of tables, listings, and graphs (TLG). Effect consistency of data collection and analysis across project or area. Analysis datasets that are quality controlled, sufficient to produce TLG for reports, and consistent within projects. General compliance with Sanofi-Aventis standard data models, e.g. CIDSC.
4. Plan and track project activities, timelines, and resource use across projects. Provide justification for planned resource needs. Seek to optimize resource utilization and capacity. Accurate plans, well-managed projects, capacity to apply extra resources in urgent situation.
5. Ensure mentoring and development of staff. Encourage personal development in the context of project work. Learn and apply techniques to promote teamwork, quality, and motivation. Manage conflict. Productive work environment, individual growth, development of strong contributors. Staff compliance with SOPs and departmental policies.
6. Maintain awareness of industry standards, regulatory requirements, and departmental guidelines and SOP. Within area of control, update procedures or practices as needed to remain in compliance. Procedures and practices meet industry standards and are consistent with internal SOP.
7. Serve as departmental representative on division or corporate-wide teams. Advocate application of statistical thinking in decision-making. Work effectively with leaders in other functional areas. Effective corporate use of statistical thinking. Efficient processes in clinical development and operations.
- PH.D. (MS) in statistics or related discipline
- 8+ (10+) years of pharmaceutical experience, including significant interactions with regulatory bodies and experience in neuroscience area
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience in Neuroscience clinical trials
- Experience managing and implementing working relationships with external agencies, such as CRO, consultant groups, and research committees
- Broad knowledge and superior understanding of advanced statistical concepts and techniques
- Innovatively applies technical principles, theories, and concepts to pharmaceutical clinical development and life cycle management
- Proven success, through previous submissions or interactions, in meeting regulatory guidelines and requirements for drug development
- In-depth understanding of the regulatory drug submission / approval process regionally and globally
- Ability to effectively represent Biostatistics and Programming in multidisciplinary or cross-functional meetings
- Ability to work in a fully self-directed manner
- Knowledge of regulatory laws / procedures outside of US and Europe
- Leadership role in societies or committees relevant to drug development or statistics
- Ability to contribute to advancement of statistical or applied specialized area of knowledge
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
Join Our Talent Community