Translational Medicine Lead
Bridgewater, New Jersey, Cambridge, Massachusetts
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Translational Medicine Lead - Immunology & Inflammation
Sanofi is seeking an outstanding Translational Medicine Lead with scientific expertise in immunologic and inflammatory diseases to develop translational medicine strategies. This exciting position is in the Translational Medicine and Early Development group, focusing on the Immunology and Inflammation therapeutic area. Immunology and Inflammation is a high priority therapeutic area for Sanofi with a robust pipeline of molecules representing diverse therapeutic modalities that modulate a broad array of targets. The core responsibility for this position is the strategic development and implementation of translational medicine plans for projects, including identifying biomarkers that predict patient clinical response, demonstrate molecular activity, and/or correlate with clinical efficacy/safety endpoints. The individual will be a key member of global research and development project teams. Collaborative interactions with basic research scientists, clinicians, modeling and simulation experts, bioinformatics scientists, and biomarker experts are critical to success in the role.
- Develop translational medicine strategy for early development/research projects, including identification of biomarkers for patient selection, pharmacologic effect, and clinical efficacy/safety
- Design approaches for pragmatic implementation of informative biomarkers in clinical studies
- Have deep scientific understanding of the relevant pathways and diseases in immunology, including relating abnormalities in biological pathways to manifestations and markers of human disease, resulting in clinical biomarker strategies for projects
- Collaborate effectively with global team members and managers from various disciplines; serve as expert and internal consultant on assigned area and liaise with partners on projects
- Review and critically interpret results, including internal and external clinical and non-clinical data
- Opportunities to provide leadership for translational medicine sub-teams for a project, coordinating efforts for biomarker identification and use
- Identify optimal platforms and methodologies for generation of biomarker data
- Engage external key opinion leaders on projects and potential collaborations
- Ensure execution of biomarker studies to meet project timelines and budgets
- Present data and plans in appropriate meetings (inside or outside the team)
Key Internal/External Relationships:
- Internal contacts: Laboratory research scientists, therapeutic area clinicians, biomarker assay and bioanalysis experts, clinical pharmacologists, clinical project team, project head, bioinformatics scientists, biostatisticians, toxicologists, regulatory affairs experts
- External contacts: Clinical and basic science external expert consultants, biomarker vendors, health authority representatives
- Basic Qualifications
- MD, MD/PhD, or PhD with significant clinical research/early drug development experience
- A scientifically inquisitive, energetic, and proactive person to actively take part in scientific and clinical study challenges with knowledge and mindset in translational medicine and early clinical development
- Expertise in immunologic/inflammatory diseases, or a related field
- In-depth understanding of identification and utilization of biomarkers in drug development
- At least 3 years of experience in translational medicine in early drug development and/or research
- Excellent communication skills to work with project team members from a variety of disciplines
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking)
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with biomarker assay development
- Position may be based in Cambridge, MA, or Bridgewater, NJ, USA
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community