Therapeutic Area Specialist - Trenton, New Jersey
Trenton, New Jersey
Therapeutic Area Specialist, US Commercial Rare Disease
Department: US Rare Disease
Reports to: Regional Director, US Rare Diseases
Company: Sanofi, a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, rare diseases, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and animal health. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY). Sanofi-Genzyme, a division of Sanofi, is dedicated to making a major positive impact on the lives of people with serious diseases. Since its founding in 1981, the company has introduced breakthrough treatments that have provided new hope for patients with rare diseases.
Position Overview: The position of Therapeutic Area Specialist will report to a Regional Director and cover both Fabry Disease and MPS1 Disease. Therapeutic Area Specialists will be responsible for the education and management of all territory activity. The Sales Specialist will be expected to deliver on revenue and accrual goals to help meet the company’s Therapeutic area goals.
Territory: New Jersey (all) with additional coverage in Northern Maryland and Delaware. Candidate must live in the territory or within 25 miles.
- Expertise in clinical data, disease education, diagnostics, product information, selling skills, business analytics and market trends
- Developing and maintaining account and customer relationships based on defined targets and specialties
- Educating clinicians on the signs and symptoms of diseases with the goal of facilitating an accurate diagnosis for individuals affected within the therapeutic area Disease
- Collaborating closely with cross functional team members to identify and resolve customer needs appropriately and with a high sense of urgency
- Participating in strategic territory planning sessions and executing within a team environment
- Working closely with Account Strategy and Engagement Managers on coverage for genetic centers
- Attending local, regional and national meetings as directed
- Maintaining strict adherence to all legal, regulatory, ethical, administrative and financial duties
- Planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating marketing programs including lectures, patient meetings, speaker programs, dinner programs and others
- Achieving and exceeding assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- The ability to travel up to 50%
- BA/BS from an accredited university
- MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- Experience in genetic or rare diseases preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of successful pharmaceutical/biotech sales experience
- Experience calling on Nephrology, Neurology, Cardiology, and Genetics a plus
- #GD-SG #LI-GZ
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community